Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boltergeist

2012-13 EPL season

Boltergeist    212

Watford clinches their spot in the $80M game at Wembley on this crazy finish (Arsenal fans might recognize the Watford goalie)

Edit: it's going to be Watford-Crystal Palace in the grand prize game.

Boltergeist    212

Wigan/Arsenal on Fox Soccer now. Must win for both teams.

Arsenal needs the 3 to pass Tottenham for 4th (and last round of CL qualies) and be within range of catching Chelsea for 3rd (and CL group stage) should the Blues fall Sunday.

Wigan needs the 3 to keep the pressure on Sunderland and Villa on the final day. Wigan and Villa play on the last day. Should the Latics pull off another great escape and win out, then Sunderland would be out with a loss on Sunday. 2 Wigan wins and Sunderland getting at least a tie would send Villa down, unless Southampton or Fulham does something historically bad and somehow blow their 10+ GD lead.

Raskle    1,155

Lousy Wigan.. 4-1? Really? You chokes let ARSEne get the best of you! :mad:

Raskle    1,155

Still one more game.. they could always screw up and lose, while my Spurs win. Not holding my breath by any means... but I'm crossing the fingers!

Boltergeist    212

There may be the need for a 1 game playoff for the last CL group stage spot.

Should Chelsea draw and Arsenal win by 1, with Arsenal scoring 2 more goals than Chelsea, they'd be tied in pts, goals, and GD.

ARSEN    9,450

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!  And Gunners leap into Champions League!!!!!!!

Phew... what a finish.  I was sure Spurs would get that spot.

Ken    1,311

I hope Bale moves. He's too good to be not in the UCL next season. Carried that team on his back.

• Pie 1

Boltergeist    212

The last team in for 13-14: Crystal Palace 1-0 winners over Watford in the Championship Playoff final.