Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012-13 EPL season

219 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's official. I will be in the stands at Anfield on April 20th watching Liverpool v. Chelsea! So stoked!

Posted · Report post

Honestly amazed we've made it back to the top 4. Not sure how I feel about this, as I still think AVB is a moron.

Good thing we picked up quality this offseason. Can't wait to see how we improve in the January window.

Posted · Report post

Torres looking like what Chelsea expected him to look like when they brought him in. Crossbar denied his hat trick bid.

Posted · Report post

Not really Premier League related, but congratulations to Lionel Messi for breaking Gerd Muller's record of 85 goals in a single year by netting his 86th today. Took Messi more games, but still a hell of an accomplishment.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1354667799' post='2031553']
It's official. I will be in the stands at Anfield on April 20th watching Liverpool v. Chelsea! So stoked!
[/quote]

damn man, that is awesome. My birthday is the 30th. Care to treat a fellow LFC fan to his best birthday present ever?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AppStatePanther' timestamp='1355111940' post='2039573']
damn man, that is awesome. My birthday is the 30th. Care to treat a fellow LFC fan to his best birthday present ever?
[/quote]

Were it not already costing me a significant amount, I would love to. I'll be sure to take some good pictures for you at least!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1355134359' post='2039880']

Were it not already costing me a significant amount, I would love to. I'll be sure to take some good pictures for you at least!
[/quote]

I think a Chelsea or Man Utd game at Anfield pretty much tops the list of sports games that id want to attend. Did you just buy a ticket or are you going through one of those soccer tours kinda thing?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AppStatePanther' timestamp='1355149327' post='2040087']

I think a Chelsea or Man Utd game at Anfield pretty much tops the list of sports games that id want to attend. Did you just buy a ticket or are you going through one of those soccer tours kinda thing?
[/quote]

The CEO of a company that buys from the company I work for came and visited the plant. He and I got talking about sports and eventually came around to Liverpool. He has season tickets every year. He called me a week ago to tell me that I could go to the game with him if I wanted. Got my plane ticket now and I am so pumped.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1355178894' post='2040964']

The CEO of a company that buys from the company I work for came and visited the plant. He and I got talking about sports and eventually came around to Liverpool. He has season tickets every year. He called me a week ago to tell me that I could go to the game with him if I wanted. Got my plane ticket now and I am so pumped.
[/quote]

That's awesome man. take some pics and try to get a vid of YNWA before the game. Maybe we can make a splash in the Jan transfer market so we won't have to play Jose Enrique at left mid.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AppStatePanther' timestamp='1355204326' post='2041608']
That's awesome man. take some pics and try to get a vid of YNWA before the game. Maybe we can make a splash in the Jan transfer market so we won't have to play Jose Enrique at left mid.
[/quote]

I hope we can get someone. From everything I have read, we a re looking to nab a striker during the January transfer window. Suarez can't do it alone I guess haha. We still have a few pieces to acquire before we can make a run at top 4.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1355221219' post='2041717']

I hope we can get someone. From everything I have read, we a re looking to nab a striker during the January transfer window. Suarez can't do it alone I guess haha. We still have a few pieces to acquire before we can make a run at top 4.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm seeing rumors of Sturridge, Demba Ba, Darren Bent, and even Giuseppe Rossi. I personally would like to see Darren Bent, however, I'm not sure who Suarez would really work well with. I think Dirk Kuyt shouldve been given some more time out there with him playing in a RM providing role.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='AppStatePanther' timestamp='1355241070' post='2041949']

Yeah, I'm seeing rumors of Sturridge, Demba Ba, Darren Bent, and even Giuseppe Rossi. I personally would like to see Darren Bent, however, I'm not sure who Suarez would really work well with. I think Dirk Kuyt shouldve been given some more time out there with him playing in a RM providing role.
[/quote]

I've also heard the Reds are furiously going after Alexis Sanchez from Barca for a loan. I give that a 5% chance unfortunately. It's unfortunate that Henry seems unwilling to spend any money to make Liverpool better.