Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8/13/12 - Training Camp Twitter Thread

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Carolina Panthers@Panthers

DT Andre Neblett missed practice today due to sickness.

Cut him. He'll never get over this damn sickness.

3 people like this

Posted

But... we could maybe get a conditional 7th for him?

Posted

David Carr 2.0

David Carr has a SB ring. Just saying.

Posted

Missing a day or two<Missing most of training camp and all of training camp last and half of the season last year. Your math is off bro.

Sickness is the same as a fuged up knee. :lol:

Posted

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but it has nothing to do with practice today.

I have a friend who I graduated highschool with who has worked his way up into the very high ranks of the NCHSAA. Through this, he has made connections with a number of Panthers Scouts.

He says, this year, more than ever, the scouts are going to other teams preseason games. Says he would expect us to be big movers after teams trim to min roster.

Edit* Actually, its a friends sister who dated the cousin of the next door neighbor of a man very high in the NCHSAA. JK, but I know its coming

Posted

He's contributed nothing to this team, that knee will not get any better. It gets agitated doing the simplest things. He'll probably be never healthy enough to play football.

But keep coming with the insults. ;)

or keep coming up with reasons to cut a fool instead of Armanti Edwards... lol

Posted

Joe Person@josephperson

Byron Bell has had a nice day going against Charles Johnson.

Slept on post

Of course

Posted

Slept on post

Of course

I'm curious to see if Bell continues to play mediocre to horrible in preseason. Will Rivera move Campbell to RT an give him a chance?

Posted

or keep coming up with reasons to cut a fool instead of Armanti Edwards... lol

Heh, exactly. If we can give Edwards 3 years+, and he has done even less than Hogan in his 4 or 5 games he was able to play, Hogan gets more than one injury-recovering-shortened year. At least Hogan did make that one good play in the Houston game (I think it was the Houston game).

Posted

Heh, exactly. If we can give Edwards 3 years+, and he has done even less than Hogan in his 4 or 5 games he was able to play, Hogan gets more than one injury-recovering-shortened year. At least Hogan did make that one good play in the Houston game (I think it was the Houston game).

Hogan was a baller last year.. only a dumbass would want to cut him without giving him a shot to see how that knee recovers...

Posted

I'm curious to see if Bell continues to play mediocre to horrible in preseason. Will Rivera move Campbell to RT an give him a chance?

Regarding Campbell, with the way he is playing if he continues to improve, we could have found our replacement for when Gross retires. Campbell has looked surprisingly good.

1 person likes this

Posted

Regarding Campbell, with the way he is playing if he continues to improve, we could have found our replacement for when Gross retires. Campbell has looked surprisingly good.

Let's all hope so. If not, I'll need a poo load of Octoberfest if we end up with a mediocre LT and ok RT.