What are you hoping to see in the Miami game?
Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:59 AM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:52 AM
I'm looking for some dominant runs by Williams and Stewart. I think they need to take the strategy of establishing the run against Miami (good practice for reg season). They have a decent defense for sure. If we want to see what Cam and Co. can do in the passing game, we will need to loosen up their D. I don't see why Chud needs to hide every new wrinkle. Anyone can go to last year's film and look at our run game...and the still won't be able to stop it. Warm it up and put in some edge runs and some power runs for our guys without giving too much away.
I would like to see Cam complete 60%+ of his passes and not get sacked. Third down conversions must be improved, so I want to see at least 2 sustained drives. At least one TD by the first team offense would be ideal.
Pressure on Miami QBs. That's been said in this thread and all over this forum, but we are NOT going to win 8+ games unless we can generate a pass rush. The Schaub INT came largely because of the pressure. More of that....much, MUCH more of that is needed. I want to see at least some glimmers of hope. RIght now I'm really down on McDermott...I want to see the scheme actually work. I know we don't want to give away our blitz packages during the preseason, but it almost seems like we need to go ahead and practice that stuff vs. a live opponent for real. Right now it seem all theoretical and I'm not convinced the players can execute it and McDerm refuses to see that.
Norman...it's been said, but we are going to have to have solid individual efforts by our CBs in coverage to compete in this league this season. We play some amazing QBs (and some up and comers) and this position battle needs to get locked down. Kuechly is a pleasure to watch...I fully expect him to force an average of 1 turnover per game (no poo...).
Special Teams: I don't want to notice anything about special teams kick coverage other than that they took care of business. Joe Adams is an exciting player. I'm still pulling for Medlock just because I'm concerned that Mare will always have consistency problems.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:58 AM
Miami chucked the ball 50 times for 16 passing first downs and 311 yards. All 3 qb's threw the ball a minimum of 12 times. They only attempted to run 15 times with the longest run going to their 4th string qb.
After a disappointing game against the Texans, I hope the defense especially Norman, can show us this is something they can handle/keep under control.
KR Rishard Matthews averaged 36 yards per kick return.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:27 AM
- Tackling, tackling, tackling... this team can't be bad in pass coverage and poor tacklers to boot. No way the defense will ever get off the field.
- Dominant performance by the O-line in the run game and pass protection. With only one new starter and two pro bowlers, they should be ready to control the line of scrimmage.
- Win the turnover battle. Would really like to see one from every level on the defense - DL, LB and DBs.
- Joe Adams at WR. I can't imagine a DB would be able to tackle him one on one in the open field. Get him some looks in space - specifically WR screens ala Smitty's smoke screen.
- Tolbert and Barnidge making plays. Already know what Smitty, Olsen and Lafell can do. If Faith without works is dead, then potential without performance is wasted.
- Big hits by the safeties. Someone needs to step up as an enforcer in the secondary. Someone that causes TEs and WR's to hear footsteps and think twice about going up for the circus catch.
- Pressure the QB - blitz, blitz, blitz... I'd rather give up the 60 yard bomb then let a team methodically march down the field. Plus, our DBs are better in press coverage than 10-15 yards off anyway.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:37 AM
i am mainly looking to see what each of our front lines have to offer in terms of getting push off the snap.
hopefully the rookie can show us some of that mean streak touted out of college. i want bridges to make a much beter showing.
i want our DTs to hold the point of attack better.
i want to see our DEs use their leverage from a lower center of gravity to work their guys from inside out to improve their angles of attack
we do that and i instantly feel a ton better regarding the outlook for this season
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:51 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:56 PM
Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:47 PM
TD run Mike Tolbert
3 catches T.Murphy
2/ 20 Yard PR J.Adams
6-8 Tackles Kuechly
2 PD Norman
B.Campbell to look better against the run
Most important to me
Silatola - to look better because i saw 4 plays in preseason game 1 where he was either out of position or missing blocks down field
Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:36 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users