Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Stirs Mock Election 1.0

56 posts in this topic

I'm not certain Hillary would run.

She'll be getting up there in age. She'd be 72 by the end of her first term.

I do hope she runs though. I wish she had won the nomination in 08.

Several reports out this morning that she turned down the VP job which was offered by Valerie Jarrett a couple weeks back. Also, reports that she and Pres differ quite substantially on foreign policy issues.

Several reports out this morning that she turned down the VP job which was offered by Valerie Jarrett a couple weeks back. Also, reports that she and Pres differ quite substantially on foreign policy issues.

There were also "reports" for years, and even practical guarantees by forum members (meat) that Biden would be ditched in favor of Clinton.

It's wishful thinking, that's all.

What I think is funny is that the people who hate Obama are the same people who hated Bush and every other president before him.

there is no reason for obama to switch biden and clinton and the only people i've heard suggesting this are dedicated fox news watchers so i'm not really counting on it

Hillary indicated in January that she was ready to retire from public life. She will likely stay on as SoS only long enough for her replacement to be selected if President Obama is reelected.

There has been some speculation that she is just taking time off to gear up for another run at the Presidency in 2016.

There is no political benefit for her to be VP.

While there is still time for an unforeseen event to change the outcome of the election, as it stands now, President Obama will win a second term in a close race. The GOP will retain the House with a smaller majority and the Senate is up for grabs.

The obstructionist strategy of the GOP will continue in the second term, putting their party before our country, little if any meaningful legislation will be passed and our economy will continue to sputter along. Eventually, global confidence in the poorly regulated financial markets will tank once again, making 2008 look like a walk in the park.

Just a few weeks back, "landslide" win was being passed around here like a bad cold. Now we say "narrow" win for Obama? Like I said, do not put stock in July polling. Stay tuned.

people like Bill/Hill don't retire from public life.........

Just a few weeks back, "landslide" win was being passed around here like a bad cold. Now we say "narrow" win for Obama? Like I said, do not put stock in July polling. Stay tuned.

Can't speak for others on here but this is the first time I have commented on the election outcome. You are right, there is still too much time to call the election with any confidence.

I would never dismiss the possibility ot the American public that reelected GWB voting for Gov Romney.

Why wouldn't the American public vote for Gov Romney? He is proposing to utilize many of the same adivisors and implement many of the exact same economic and foreign policies that GWB used leading up to the greatest economic disaster in 70 years.

I think Florida moves solidly into the Romney column. Ohio/Virginia will be the true battleground states.

No matter who wins, I think we will see more progress on the economic/housing/jobs side in the next four years so it will be the same complaining from the other side until 2016. I do think Romney can win it and G is right about it coming down to Virginia & Ohio....but don't sleep on Obama in Florida. Its gonna continue to be a tight race.

It will be a long few months of shadow-boxing until the election

Colorado now tied

Wisconsin now has Romney up slightly

Iowa very close now.

Again, this too will ebb and flow

Late September, it will start to solidify