• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 redbuddha

redbuddha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCentral Alabama
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Almost every panther fan hates Mare. Why the hell would you keep the guy? "oh he can kick touchbacks!!" big sshit. if you cant rely on the guy to make an important fg, then that guy is crap. Clutch is key. Medlock has a leg, with practice on technique he will be booming touchbacks too. fug Mare... fug him rrreeaaallll hard man

Which comes first the chicken or the egg?

Confucious says:
In order for Mare to kick the touchback, he must first make the fg.

Sign Medlock

#42 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think it comes down to who makes the first mistake.

#43 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• Locationnyc
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm rooting for Medlock.
Its strange that he has not kicked touchbacks as he was doing so consistently in training camp.

To me every time Mare makes a FG, you feel a sigh of relief, which is not the feeling you want to have from your kicker. We should know who wins the battle after the next game.

Sadly I think if they are still even Mare will win out. :(

#44 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Mare was second in the league in touchbacks lasts season with 53. The only guy in front of him, ironically, is the New Orleans punter, Thomas Morstead, who does kickoff duties for the Saints**. Why? Because John Kasay is on that team.

Morstead has done kickoffs since he entered the league, has nothing to do with Kasay being on the team.

#45 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I am not sure what is up with Meddy. I agree that if he plans on making this team he has to improve his KO. He has to get them into and through the endzone or all those FGs are for naught.

Mare is an 80+% FG kicker with a great KO. He is our kicker, for better or worse even made it into my sports. Shyzl

#46 BEASTfromdaEAST

BEASTfromdaEAST

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

No matter how many kickoffs Mare kicks out of the endzone you still have to go with the guy who seems to gives you gauranteed points in Medlock.

The way our team is now built our Defense has to be in a "bend but dont break" mentality which makes us such a deadlier team. I will give teams 3 all day against us because the likely hood of our Offense driving down the field matching 3 with Medlock or even scoring a TD is greatly in our favor.

Should be interesting I am pulling for Medlock, he's hungry, got a hell of a leg and seems very reliable. It would be the smart decision and I will loose the little bit of respect I have for Hurney if he keeps Mares old, non-dependant, overpaid bitch ass over the cheaper, younger and better kicker MEDLOCK

#47 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

i hope medlock makes the team. the guy is young, he'd be a lot cheaper, he hasn't given us doubt like mare. sure mare is a great touchback kick off man, but who says medlock can't learn. mare is on his way out of the league simply due to age.

fact is our team is weak vs people who dare to return vs us, but we shouldnt be picking our kicker based on this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users