Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give them the props: our DTs looked Good

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Posted

We were in a 3-4 with CJ at DE when he got that TFL on Bush.

Posted

The DTs did not really win any battles ast season except a few of the later games. I dont remember seeing this performance in preseason 2011.

Posted

This. Winning trench battles right now is more important than diagnosing the opponent's schemes. We wanted toughness at the point of attack and we saw that last night against their first team. How could anyone not have been pleased with that effort? Plus, it was a reflection of Rivera's message.

I am sure Miami was hoping for a better showing for Tannyhill, but let's see how he responds. I say that like I would care. He had a few good plays. But he was gun shy by the time they took him out.

Last night was all about the DL. It allowed everyone else to focus on their own assignments. The whole D looked like they understood what was going on. Kinda scary if you know what I mean.

That said, it is preseason. Looking good is no precusor to anything. Still gotta work. But that is the Rivera trademark. To date.

Also, am I crazy? Lots of different looks. I just kinda looked like they were practicing disguising their looks? We mainly only rushed 4, but we had a poo load of 8,9, and a 10 on 2nd and 8 and they still ran the draw. Back to back draws, one against a ten man look? That was funny looking. I love this team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Type of offense has nothing to do with getting dominated at the LOS.

Glad to see that someone else gets it.

Posted

It was great to see CJ back to his 2010 form.

And I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't we play the Fins last pre-season, and didn't their o-line pretty much abuse our d-line with McClain and Fua? Well the tables turned this time, and that's a good sign that our young d-line has made some progress.

2 people like this

Posted

Lets wait one more week to see where we are at this point. Teams will be game planning somewhat and we will be playing against the first teams for almost 3/4 of the game. At this point all we know is we improved from week 1. But how much was Texas versus Miami and how much was the Panthers??

Posted

Yeah wait till next week when we meet the Jets. Probably going to be a little different.

Posted

Yeah, yeah... wait til next week, that's what we'll do.

Posted

Yeah, yeah... wait til next week, that's what we'll do.

It is being consistent. I don't jump off the cliff when we look bad in a preseason game and don't go overboard when we look good the next week. Feel free to waffle back and forth on the extreme edges, I just prefer to maintain in the middle.

Posted

Lets wait one more week to see where we are at this point. Teams will be game planning somewhat and we will be playing against the first teams for almost 3/4 of the game. At this point all we know is we improved from week 1. But how much was Texas versus Miami and how much was the Panthers??

In terms of offense we definitely we had easier as the Dolphins didn't have much pressure coming off the edge like Texans did. But the offensive line the Texans fielded against our d-line was similar to what Miami had, if anything Miami's might have been better.

Posted

Yes they looked really good. I hope that they continue to improve.