50 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

http://rotoworld.com...4192/jon-beason

I don't know if I buy this.. If he has a chance to play this sunday night, why would he be 50-50 to play 3 weeks from now? Doesn't make sense to me. But I fully expect Beason to be out there opening day, and I don't think he'd let himself miss it.

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

well I wouldnt believe it either. Announcing this kind of info this early will just allow teams to better game plan. Doubt Rivera would give the competition any kind of advantage.

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Posted Image lol

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hamstrings are tricky. They prob want know if he will start till that week.

#5 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Huh? That's 3 weeks away... how the fug can he be questionable

#6 zebrainz

zebrainz

Puddytats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Here is the CO article rotoworld used to make that conclusion (listed as their source):
http://www.charlotte...n-panthers.html

The CO article also says Davis is further along in his recovery than Beason, ???. I just think that rotoworld is taking the verbage 'hope to play in panthers opener' and converting it to 'questionable for game 1' for their fantasy prognostication purposes. Not really that much of a reach on rotoworld's part, neither player has seen the field in pads, in active competition vs. another team yet.

The real sigh of relief for both those players won't come until they have a few regular season games under their belt performing at a high level. At least not for me.

#7 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I would love to see Beast out there, but you must ask yourself, last year, when week 2 was upon us, did you wish we let Beason come along more slowly?

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,711 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

i'd rather he not come in til week three and be 100% than force him in early and lose him again by week three.

if the preseason is any indicator, the current group of guys should do a decent job holding down the fort until he returns.

#9 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Kuechly is looking like a better pick every day. I'm fuging tired of linebackers who can't play. I might as well erase them from memory until they actually play. They just create an overestimation of the team in the fan's eyes.

Thomas Davis is practically done and Beason isn't that far off from being like him. I know he's only missed last season, but he was wasn't 100% in game 1 last year and he came back for like two practices this year before sitting out more.

It just seems like these guys "get healthy" but they are really only ready for practice, not a game.

Every year: "Once we get player X back we'll be great!!!"

#10 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

sit beason as long as necessary. I don't want him out for the season again.

#11 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Kuechly is looking like a better pick every day. I'm fuging tired of linebackers who can't play. I might as well erase them from memory until they actually play. They just create an overestimation of the team in the fan's eyes.

Thomas Davis is practically done and Beason isn't that far off from being like him. I know he's only missed last season, but he was wasn't 100% in game 1 last year and he came back for like two practices this year before sitting out more.

It just seems like these guys "get healthy" but they are really only ready for practice, not a game.

Arent you just a bundle of joy

#12 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

I would love to see Beast out there, but you must ask yourself, last year, when week 2 was upon us, did you wish we let Beason come along more slowly?

He already had a tear in his Achilles, it was just a case of when it ruptured. If it happened at the end of last season he would have probably missed this season.

#13 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Aren't we all questionable anyway?

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I bet he doesn't play. Davis is supposed to see a lot of action vs NYJ. If he looks like he can hOld up - no need to rush 52 back.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

It sure as hell seems that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.