Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason questionable for Week 1

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4192/jon-beason

I don't know if I buy this.. If he has a chance to play this sunday night, why would he be 50-50 to play 3 weeks from now? Doesn't make sense to me. But I fully expect Beason to be out there opening day, and I don't think he'd let himself miss it.

Posted · Report post

well I wouldnt believe it either. Announcing this kind of info this early will just allow teams to better game plan. Doubt Rivera would give the competition any kind of advantage.

Posted · Report post

lens19127588_36e69b11f21ab51ec470d25f8d62c777.jpg lol

Posted · Report post

Hamstrings are tricky. They prob want know if he will start till that week.

Posted · Report post

Huh? That's 3 weeks away... how the fug can he be questionable

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Here is the CO article rotoworld used to make that conclusion (listed as their source):

http://www.charlotte...n-panthers.html

The CO article also says Davis is further along in his recovery than Beason, ???. I just think that rotoworld is taking the verbage 'hope to play in panthers opener' and converting it to 'questionable for game 1' for their fantasy prognostication purposes. Not really that much of a reach on rotoworld's part, neither player has seen the field in pads, in active competition vs. another team yet.

The real sigh of relief for both those players won't come until they have a few regular season games under their belt performing at a high level. At least not for me.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would love to see Beast out there, but you must ask yourself, last year, when week 2 was upon us, did you wish we let Beason come along more slowly?

Posted · Report post

i'd rather he not come in til week three and be 100% than force him in early and lose him again by week three.

if the preseason is any indicator, the current group of guys should do a decent job holding down the fort until he returns.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Kuechly is looking like a better pick every day. I'm fuging tired of linebackers who can't play. I might as well erase them from memory until they actually play. They just create an overestimation of the team in the fan's eyes.

Thomas Davis is practically done and Beason isn't that far off from being like him. I know he's only missed last season, but he was wasn't 100% in game 1 last year and he came back for like two practices this year before sitting out more.

It just seems like these guys "get healthy" but they are really only ready for practice, not a game.

Every year: "Once we get player X back we'll be great!!!"

Posted · Report post

sit beason as long as necessary. I don't want him out for the season again.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Kuechly is looking like a better pick every day. I'm fuging tired of linebackers who can't play. I might as well erase them from memory until they actually play. They just create an overestimation of the team in the fan's eyes.

Thomas Davis is practically done and Beason isn't that far off from being like him. I know he's only missed last season, but he was wasn't 100% in game 1 last year and he came back for like two practices this year before sitting out more.

It just seems like these guys "get healthy" but they are really only ready for practice, not a game.

Every year: "Once we get player X back we'll be great!!!"

Arent you just a bundle of joy

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would love to see Beast out there, but you must ask yourself, last year, when week 2 was upon us, did you wish we let Beason come along more slowly?

He already had a tear in his Achilles, it was just a case of when it ruptured. If it happened at the end of last season he would have probably missed this season.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments