Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

No one knows that better than Rivera and Thomas. If he's ready to jump in the deep end, we have to let him. It's not comparable to Smitty's or Beason's situation where it's a matter of protecting a known starter.

All of us are hoping beyond hope that TD can play this year and play effectively, but it is very possible he can't. All parties concerned need to know sooner rather than later if he's a go.

Posted

I agree with the masses here. He's going to be rusty and needs to get back into football shape. If he can't hold up for 3 quarters, the front office has a decision to make.

Posted

Regardless of your philosiphical views, the man is sadly headed in a bad direction.

Getting re-injured or getting re-injured.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting him to stay healthy for more than a game or two.

Posted

Regardless of your philosiphical views, the man is sadly headed in a bad direction.

Getting re-injured or getting re-injured.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting him to stay healthy for more than a game or two.

I believe that is the point I made a few posts ago.

Posted

like CRA said. Either he can play on his knee, or he cannot.

Posted

By all accounts, since he hit the field he has been running around like a kid trying to make the team. Missed a sack, then got in on the tackle. On the same play. So you folks don't mind if I take the HE'S BACK approach. He is our most athletic, and fastest LB. If he is back, let the mfer play.

Until he is actually done. I am taking the approach that he is a member of this team. And that only helps us.

2 people like this

Posted

like CRA said. Either he can play on his knee, or he cannot.

And if he can't, we may as well find out now. I don't understand all this "meaningless game" crap. If nothing else, we need to winnow out the wheat from the chaff...and, unfortunately, TD is tops on the list (imo) to see if all parties involved are just fooling ourselves regarding his injury and the ability to play football. If he is physically ready to play, let's see what he has.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly I believe he has to play to prove he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster. He is cleared to play just before cuts start happening. This is no coincidence.

Posted

every time I see him I cut a route I will get chills...flashbacks of him clenching his leg. I don't have a good feeling about this either but if he does come back it will be amazing.

Posted

Honestly I believe he has to play to prove he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster. He is cleared to play just before cuts start happening. This is no coincidence.

Hey, I smell something? What you trying to say?

Posted

Play him now. Who cares. Test his knee out.

If something happens now, it's going to happen later anyway. If its not, it's not.

If he's healed, he'll heal. What's the point of having him for one game of the regular season if his knee is ready to go out Sun. Not saying it will, but get the point.

Posted

It's like getting strapped into a roller coaster. Once the harness goes down, there is no turning back and whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

I hate to be flippant, but que sera, sera.