Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuechly may be the best defensive player on the team already.

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Poor kurb.

2 people like this

Posted

Kuechly is good, but Beason is our best defensive player.

Kuechly has the potential to be better than Beason, he's already better in coverage. Beason is an amazing talent, and this isn't a knock on him at all, but Kuechly can be a once in a generation player.

2 people like this

Posted

Kuechly has the potential to be better than Beason, he's already better in coverage. Beason is an amazing talent, and this isn't a knock on him at all, but Kuechly can be a once in a generation player.

I agree. Beason is a friend of mine, and an all pro player. But Kuechly may be a more well rounded LB.

Posted

seeing beason coaching luke up on the sidelines was fuging awesome. they are going to be nasty together

2 people like this

Posted

People get so caught up in our bad pass defense they fail to realize we were terrible vs. the run last year. Remember Turner and Forte? How about Adrian Peterson? MJD? If we can improve in the run game it will pay dividends in the pass game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Poor kurb.

:(

Posted

I wanted Kuechly from the beginning but I always thought we was going to take a DT. Looks like things went well on our end.

Posted

If Kuechly turns out better than Beason, id be more than pleased.

Posted

beason + kuechly on defense = cam newton on offense

i feel really good about what we have going on. anderson makes them one of the best LB corps in the league. TD makes them the best. the LB corps is the backbone of this defense...it's the core. with that great of a core the rest of the D will be better. it will make the rest of the talent around them look better than they might otherwise, much in the same way a good QB makes his receivers and the offense look better than it might otherwise.

i know this is supposed to be about kuechly and i agree about him. i think we undersold him. in the last month or so leading up to the draft (contrary to how i thought about him previous to that) i said that i thought he was not just the best LB in the draft, but the 2nd best defensive player in the draft and one of the top 5 talents overall in the draft. even with that, i think i may have underestimated him. i think just in the same way that even the staunchest of cam supporters were surprised at how well he did, those who were the biggest kuechly bell ringers will be surprised at how well he does. this kid is no kid. i understand tempering enthusiasm, but i fully believe in this case it's not needed. even beason knew what we were getting when we got him. i'm excited about beason and kuechly being on the field together. as good as those two are individually, they are going to make each other better.

2 people like this

Posted

Only problem with our LBers is none of them (starters) are exceptional blitzers.

Posted

Only problem with our LBers is none of them (starters) are exceptional blitzers.

i think you'll be changing your mind in the first few weeks of regular season when mcD and rivera open up the playbook.

Posted

Not sure about that. Much of that falls on the DL disruption.