117 replies to this topic

#91 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I feel the games pretty realistic for what it is. You gotta kinda get a tempo going, then you can make poo happen. its like in real life, pick the right plays and you will win.

#92 DRSundrop

DRSundrop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

I played 2 games today. All Pro 6 min quarters. (PS3)

Pros:
Panthers offense is incredibly fun to play, triple option is great.
Panthers D playbook is better organized and really similar to last year.
Improved Passing
No LBs with 48' verts
The newest update has the new DT edwards and kicker medlock.
I love how WRs and CBs dive for balls now.

Cons:
Voice chat is really bad(will likely be patched soon)
Uniforms hasnt changed much but that doesnt really matter to me.
Tackling seems to be clunky, 1v1 and no pileups or multi-tackles.

I think this games a buyer. For those of you on the bubble, give it a few weeks and let things get patched up and see how you feel about the game and its reviews then.

#93 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Anyone who thinks this game blows just sucks at madden, video games, is a moron, etc...

#94 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well, I can't speak for the online games yet. I still haven't tried it because I haven't had the time. I may try it tonight. My main complaints with the game are the ratings as usual thanks to Donny Moore being a hater, and some of the offline glitches in CC mode.

#95 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Used to buy Madden every single year, bought 2011 and it sucked horribly. Bought 12 for cheap and gave it a try, while it was better then 2011, it still sucked. Took it back to GS for my money back as it was used. Thought with the new engine and passing game that I'd give Madden a last chance. . Then I played the demo and the demo was horrible, maybe the worst football gameplay I've ever had the displeasure of playing. ehhh..Friend brought it over today and I finally got a chance to play the full game. I hate just about everything new that they've done to the game. Franchise mode sucks, the CC bullshit has got to go as it messed up both the superstar mode and the Franchise mode together. The developers made some really strange decisions on what to keep and what to get rid of when it comes to those two modes and player choices and freedoms.

. Still enjoy the heck out of NCAA though and I still buy it yearly and I really hope they don't use this engine in next years NCAA game.

Not sure what's been going on with Madden the last few years, as I never used to prefer NCAA over Madden, but I don't think I'll ever buy a Madden game again.

#96 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Anyone else upset they took away defensive assignments?

#97 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,173 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Ncaa 13 is horrible..madden sorta emulates it with more physics!

#98 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,960 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Missed a 49 yard FG short with Medlock and I hit it with almost full power. Ugh they really have shitted all over the Panthers in this current version of the game. Lafell drops WIDE open passes every single game. I don't even throw to him anymore. The cornerbacks are terrible, even Gamble regularly gets beat by some shitty TE on an out route and don't even get me started on Captain. I've resigned that I'm not going to be the panthers online again until the team is improved, especially when teams like the Eagles are God mode on defense.

#99 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Anyone who thinks this game blows just sucks at madden, video games, is a moron, etc...

lol this guy

#100 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Best madden to date. You can actually make more throws in this game than last year. The running game is harder and takes getting used to. The physics ensure that every play is dynamic.

As far as using Carolina online, you have to make some major depth chart adjustments.

On offense, I don't use Lafell. My WR's go 89, 12, 83, 15, 14. Don't really use 81. These five guys load you with speed, and I have had little trouble hitting bombs to all of these guys.

If you run a 2 TE set, I would rather use Tolbert than Barny. Barny can catch the ball, but he has had few to many game changing drops for me.

Mix it up on offense, run with counters, draws, as long as you can get yards rushing. This lets you get a few PA plays in, which with the "cancel PA" mechanic actually works well with the Panthers, as opposed to last year. Without canceling PA, I get way too many sacks on Cam.

Don't be afraid to Run Cam! He has excellent carry. Mix in the QB draw or blast plays, even running the 5WR set. Utilize the heavy panther formation as well.

I have had success running no huddle offense with my audibles. Keeping certain formations in your audibles lets you mix it up quite a bit, and usually you can march down the field no huddle all the way. It is still advantageous to switch to more run friendly formations though, if you really want to set up the PA.

Offense is full of weapons, although 15 and 14 will make you rage with some drops. But they are fast as hell and make people miss. Murphy is an excellent upgrade over Lafell speedwise, and I have seen no need to use him yet (or pilares)

Defense is OKish. LB's are solid, D-line is solid outside of Hardy. I sub in another LB for Hardy in the 4-3 formation variations. Hardy just basically sucks. I would much rather have TD or Applewhite there.

Most all LB's and secondary can get you interceptions, but especially Gamble, Godfrey, and Martin. Captain plays alright, but can easily get burned and he doesn't pick the ball off that often. You can experiment with the #2 corner spot though.

I don't get burned too often on defense, but I play more conservative. Teams can deff march down the field on you, but I have been successful in making them work for it. The more plays you can get on defense the better, since we do have players who can make plays. Luke, Beason, and TD hit pretty hard, and can get you fumbles.

Our players are pretty versatile, both on offense and defense. You have to take advantage of what the players can do. Mix it up on offense, and play a conservative defense (I have had some success with the blitz, though. Just be aware that you can get burned easily, esp. with Captain at corner).

#101 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Played it...like the idea, hate the execution. Was worth the $2 rent, nothing more I'm afraid. Hopefully next year EA can polish this turd. Change for the sake of Change has and will always be, a bad idea.

#102 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Best madden to date.

The straight up poo storm that happened to franchise mode , coupled with the horrible ignorance of the ratings giver , add on no draft classes , no gang tackles , DTs with the ability to run you down when theyre off screen .and still some of the worst challenges in the series that can cost you games .. no sir... take off your EA colored glasses.. this game is right there with blitz the league as one of the worst football games to date.

#103 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Tell me this you devoted madden fans... What gives the madden people the mindset to believe that THEY know what scheme a player is good for? What makes them think that they know more than the coaches... The absolute only way that stupid ass engine would work even for a second is if you go into franchise mode with everyone the default ratings and maybe they change if you trade them somewhere because once again .. what do these tards know about schemes xD

#104 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Fantasy Draft added.

Wish they'd add player editing.

#105 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

this game is right there with blitz the league as one of the worst football games to date.

I actually liked Blitz: The League...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com