• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

Do you agree with Ron Rivera's Stoic Presence on the sidelines?

Guest Irv

I know its better then chewing gum and clapping on punts but do you think he should show some more emotion or keep his military like stares the way they are?

I could not care less what the coach's mannerisms are on the sidelines whether it be military like or gum chewing. It's not relevant.

I personally don't have a problem with it.

That's RR's style. He's more of a strategist and teacher than motivator. And he thinks that being emotional with his players isn't necessary. But as many have said, anything is better than chew chew clap clap, punt.

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve. As someone mentioned, Belichick shows emotion maybe twice a year that is something other than a semi frown.

Also, don't read to much into sideline demeanor. Take Coach K.....he doesn't show emotion courtside. He believes the real coaching isn't done on game day. He is there to implement what they have worked on.

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve. As someone mentioned, Belichick shows emotion maybe twice a year that is something other than a semi frown.

Also, don't read to much into sideline demeanor. Take Coach K.....he doesn't show emotion courtside. He believes the real coaching isn't done on game day. He is there to implement what they have worked on.

I'm one of the biggest Duke fans that you'll ever find and I'm going to have to call BS on this.

I'm one of the biggest Duke fans that you'll ever find and I'm going to have to call BS on this.

It is a bit of an exaggeration to make a point....everyone shows emotions.

Coach K OVERALL....sits calm and collective in scenarios many don't. You really want to fuss over that?

Rivera is very composed on the sideline, but he still slaps guys on the back when they do well and acknowledges good play. But these guys are professionals, and he does expect them to do their job without cheering every time. I don't know how many times last year he told Cam 'great job young man'. That's a perfect and respectful reaction to a young player doing well IMO.

As long as the defense improves, the special teams improve, and we make the playoffs, Ron can do whatever he wants on the sidelines.

239473_o.gif

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Linebacker59

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts