Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you agree with Ron Rivera's Stoic Presence on the sidelines?

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know its better then chewing gum and clapping on punts but do you think he should show some more emotion or keep his military like stares the way they are?

Posted · Report post

I like it. He's like an agent from the Matrix.

Posted · Report post

I really don't care

Posted · Report post

I could not care less what the coach's mannerisms are on the sidelines whether it be military like or gum chewing. It's not relevant.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Works for Bellichek

Posted · Report post

Giancarlo_Esposito_325x200.jpg
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

I personally don't have a problem with it.

That's RR's style. He's more of a strategist and teacher than motivator. And he thinks that being emotional with his players isn't necessary. But as many have said, anything is better than chew chew clap clap, punt.

Posted · Report post

the-eyes-of-someone-who-feels-wronged.gif
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve. As someone mentioned, Belichick shows emotion maybe twice a year that is something other than a semi frown.

Also, don't read to much into sideline demeanor. Take Coach K.....he doesn't show emotion courtside. He believes the real coaching isn't done on game day. He is there to implement what they have worked on.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rivera needs to be himself. Whatever that is. If his self sucks then you get a new coach but players can see through contrived bs.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am not a fan of coaches who wear their emotions on their sleeve. As someone mentioned, Belichick shows emotion maybe twice a year that is something other than a semi frown.

Also, don't read to much into sideline demeanor. Take Coach K.....he doesn't show emotion courtside. He believes the real coaching isn't done on game day. He is there to implement what they have worked on.

I'm one of the biggest Duke fans that you'll ever find and I'm going to have to call BS on this.