Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guys signed to the PS

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I like it...

Posted

So Poole is still a Panther? Butler too?

Posted

Poole appears on the Panthers.com as a player on IR. So does CB Darius Bulter.

Poole:

Placed on injured reserve with injured ribs by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)..

Butler:

Placed on injured reserve with a concussion by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)
1 person likes this

Posted

No they don't have to. I answered that wrong. Heres the real answer. In order for players to be put on the "reserve p.u.p." they have to start training camp on the "active p.u.p".

Heres an article from a steelers website that cleared it up for me.

http://www.steelersd...ligible-for-it/

Nice, thanks. Makes sense that Gettis would be on the "Active" PUP, and it looks like if he can't go by Week 8 then he'll essentially be I.R.'ed.

Posted

So Butler and Poole are on IR?

If so, that is a clear case of stashing players, something Hurney has done before, because neither one of those injuries are even close to season ending.

Posted

So Butler and Poole are on IR?

If so, that is a clear case of stashing players, something Hurney has done before, because neither one of those injuries are even close to season ending.

Are you complaining? Keep the talent however you can and keep building for the future. It's nice to know Hurney is willing to bend the rules to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

Posted

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year. Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year. At least they won't count against the cap.

Posted

lol just looked up njpanthers on twitter for shits and giggles

@NJPanthers12

In no way am I confirming this but from what I have been hearing my educated guess for the next 13 cuts are: Bryant, Finley, Rosario, Poole

I like how he is also somehow an expert on the Knicks as well

Posted

lol just looked up njpanthers on twitter for shits and giggles

@NJPanthers12

In no way am I confirming this but from what I have been hearing my educated guess for the next 13 cuts are: Bryant, Finley, Rosario, Poole

I like how he is also somehow an expert on the Knicks as well

1 person likes this

Posted

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year.  Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year.  At least they won't count against the cap.

It won't even cost him one million, what are you talking about?

Posted

Are you complaining? Keep the talent however you can and keep building for the future. It's nice to know Hurney is willing to bend the rules to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

Not complaining at all. Actually, I predicted Hurney would do this a couple of weeks ago, but I thought he would do it with someone on the D-line.

Like others said, as long as JR doesn't mind the money, it's a great way to keep players around.

Posted

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year. Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year. At least they won't count against the cap.

Yes they do. And so do the PS players.

ALL payments to players count against the cap as of the start of the season.