Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow...... Just wow

Damn I didn't see that coming. Although we should have. I wonder why he fell out of favor so fast.

Posted

but I thought RR felt good about our defensive line?

Posted

It's just amazing to me that Marty is so quick to give up on a guy like this yet Armanti and bitchboy Clausen are still on the team.

Another wasted draft pick.

Posted

Is McClain PS Eligible???

Posted

"Edwards, an eight-year veteran, proved to be expendable in part because of his hefty contract and also because he no longer fits in the Bills defensive scheme after the team made the switch to a 4-3 alignment. After spending the past two seasons in Buffalo starting at defensive end, he was relegated to a backup role at tackle behind Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams. Edwards had two years left on the $18 million contract, and was scheduled to make a $4.1 million base salary this season.

Edwards was credited with 109 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks in 27 games, including 24 starts with the Bills. He spent his first six seasons in Baltimore.

Bills players expressed surprise and disappointment in posting notes on their Twitter accounts after learning of Edwards’ being released.

“Dwan was a beast this year in camp,” center Eric Wood wrote. “I wish him well. Great teammate and a great guy.”

Linebacker Nick Barnett wrote that he was “Absolutely disappointed,” and added, “Can not have enough guys on your team like him!!”

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/bills-cut-dt-dwan-edwards-keep-4-qbs-including-thigpen-and-jackson-to-open-season/2012/08/31/1cf251b0-f3d1-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_story.html

2 people like this

Posted

I called this yesterday, love the pick up he is also a great run stuffer him beside ron should deff allow the linebackers to run free. love the pick up.. a little surprised we cut mcclain, actually really surprised. would have rather seen fua go between the too. mcclain is sure to be claimed

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's see how long it takes for a local beat writer to "break" the news.

Gantt has always struck me as a vindictive asshole and I know for a fact he was pissed he didn't get that AP job.

You know he loves one upping the CO whenever he can lol.

Posted

Is McClain PS Eligible???

I don't believe so. Started too many games as a rookie last year.

Posted

My sarcasm aside, I'm baffled as to why McClain was the person dropped to pick up Dwan. They must have really soured on him, amazing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought he showed some flashes in preseason. He sucked at holding his ground against the run but got good penetration on more than one occasion. Thought he was significantly better than Fua, though he's a 0, not a 3.

Must have hated what they saw on tape, this baffles me. I'll just hope they stash him on IR...

You've got it backwards, Fua is and has been significantly better than Mcclain

Posted

a little surprised we cut mcclain, actually really surprised. would have rather seen fua go between the too. mcclain is sure to be claimed

My thoughts exactly.

McClain > Fua

Posted

I thought he showed some flashes in preseason. He sucked at holding his ground against the run but got good penetration on more than one occasion. Thought he was significantly better than Fua, though he's a 0, not a 3.

Must have hated what they saw on tape, this baffles me. I'll just hope they stash him on IR...

Makes me wonder what McClain got into last night...Might be off the field issues.