Photo
- - - - -

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
468 replies to this topic

#445 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Fox didn't happen.

JR is the one who wanted to start prepping his team for a new start, yet keep Fox, and let his GM have an entire draft where he drafted for no coach or scheme.

Fox was Fox. Did what he does. Problem wasn't Fox, problem was they opted to keep a coach and started rebuilding with him still in the drivers seat.

true. it shouldn't have been a surprise.

#446 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

what?

you entered and lost an E fight.

surprise!

#447 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

You know who F'd up? Terrell McClain F'd up. He had the opportunity and the potential to be a part of this team going forward. It's obvious that the coaches didn't feel he took advantage of either or those things.

From the sound of it, he wasn't giving the effort needed to improve. On this team lack of effort will get you fired no matter where you were drafted. But, if you show effort and improvement you will be given a chance to stay around.

That's why AE is still here. He continues to impress coaches with his work ethic and effort.

I pie you on the first two paragraphs and first two paragraphs only, but pie nonetheless.

#448 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

you entered and lost an E fight.

surprise!

looks like i have to call sherry at suicide hotline now since im so distraught

#449 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'll say it again if the plan is to wait 3 years and get a Randel El. That is a stupid plan.

#450 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hopefully this will put an end to all of this ....

FO believed Fua > McClain
FO thought McClain = doo doo brown

Dwan Edwards became available.
FO pulled trigger.
FO believes team is better with Dwan. Tells McClain to kick rocks.

End of Story

#451 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

FO pulled trigger.

End of Story

Does that mean the FO is right?

#452 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

FO pulled trigger.

End of Story

Edwards is an upgrade no doubt (albeit not a long term solution)

The issue is going bust on a solid investment (3rd round pick) after only one season.

That is gonna piss people off as that is just not a good "FO" move or gameplan.

#453 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

They were right in this situation, McClain blew, was the weak link. Found a suitable upgrade. Upgrading=winning. Were they right in picking him to begin with? No, and that sucks.

#454 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

With our cap situation I very much doubt we're going to sign an elite young DT. For us we're going to have to draft an elite DT.

The problem with your assertion is, that where we will be drafting, we are not assured of anything,

By the time teams in the late 20s draft, the top tier talent is gone. Do you want to invest in another DT at that point? Considering that it takes time for DTs to deveop?

My point being. By the end of this year. We will know what we are missing, better than we do right now. It will be a much easier task adding 1 great piece next year, than trying to fix the problems this year.

By the end of this year, our weaknesses should be at the point, that one big FA accusition could conceivably put us over the top.

I am only talking one accusition. One big FA, that could basically makes us THE team.

That could happen. Or not.

#455 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

which moment?

they obviously made a mistake in drafting mcclain, but you know what? it happens to every team with frequency. they all draft busts in early rounds. people draft DTs all the time even though they have a high bust rate. it's just going to happen. that's life....people make mistakes. nobody is immune to it, i don't care who you are or what position you have in life. i don't care how old you are. i don't care how many degrees you have. i don't care what your grades are. i don't care how much money you have, you are going to make mistakes and if you don't think that's acceptable....well tough sh1t. it happens.

what makes people failures isn't that they make mistakes...it's what they do with those mistakes. do they own up to them? do they make adjustments? do they work to rectify the situation? if they do this...that is acceptable because it's absolutely what they should be doing.

what makes people failures is a lack of inaction. it's just accepting it ("it is what it is") or, even worse, ignoring it. what ever the case, they don't do anything to fix it. sometimes they just get pissy and walk around bitching and moaning about themselves and/or everyone else. sometimes they get depressed and don't do anything. THAT marks a failure.

here's one thing i know people aren't going to find acceptable...taking risks and failing with them. same with thinking outside the box and having it come back to bite you in the butt. i don't buy that, tho. risk taking isn't for everyone. neither is thinking outside the box. it's the way growth happens and it's how people succeed. they do the things that others won't knowing that they could fail.

again, that's an area that what they do next that marks them as a failure. do they try to rectify the situation? yes. now they all might not follow the same timeline and they might not treat every situation the same. there should be double standards...even triple or quadruple or whatever. every situation requires unique attention and effort. same with every person as a parent or leader.

is hurney taking too long with AE? not my call. tough question tho, because again, i wouldn't have put us in that situation. i would have taken another risk. they have a plan of action with AE, but at some point they'll come to a realization that this just isn't going to work....or they might succeed.

now if this was a crucial position or situation i might be a little less patient, but seeing as how we are talking about what to do with a 3rd string QB or a 5th string WR or whatever....it doesn't really matter that much. it doesn't matter how they were acquired at this point, either. again, i thought it was a mistake out of the gate (although at the beginning i might have bought the hype in the heat of the moment, but that's just something i wouldn't have done myself). what's done is done, though, and now it's a matter of seeing how it all plays out.

“It’s not the note you play that’s the wrong note—it’s the note you play afterwards that makes it right or wrong.”
—Miles Davis

“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” —Joe Pierce (and to this i'll add that anything that requires building, requires creativity and risk taking...including trying to build a football franchise.)

#456 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

ibttl;dr because it's too much work for my brain and i don't really feel like challenging my worldview or perspective in life.