:o What is going on today?

#92 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

If that helps you ignore the truth, then believe whatever you will dumb@ss.

No independent-thinking observer believes that Fua deserves to be on this team more than McClain. Hurney has shown over and over again that his heart overrides the facts more than they should.

Sycophants like you may believe otherwise.

This wasn't a Hurney move alone, im sure RR had a lot to say about it,for one. For two,to think they'd cut a better player to keep a worse one (IYO) just because he likes him better as a person, is fuggin dumb. Every team wants to field the best sqaud possible. You prove time and time again, that you have the mental acumen of an amoeba.

#93 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

*Sigh* we could have taken Jurrell Casey with that pick.

Posted Image

McClain tricked me too. I wanted Casey based on his games I saw, thought he looks fat and out of shape at the combine (much like this pic), McClain looks like superman in underwear going HAM on some bags, got my dick and Hurney's dick hard too. This is the NFL boys, gotta keep your dick in your pants.

#94 MGH1989

MGH1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

First, I love the signing. This is a clear upgrade over McClain and I was hoping we would sign Edwards after I saw he was released. However, like everyone else it baffles me that we let go of McClain who was a fairly significant investment after only one year over guys like Clausen and Edwards who were also high investments, but have been given time to prove themselves and have failed to make significant contributions. There has to be something we don't know. Maybe McClain wasn't hungry enough. Rivera has put more emphasis on his player having a want to compared to the Fox era.

#95 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Wow. Aside from lucking into Cam, that is shaping up to be a terrible draft. This isn't how you build championship teams.

#96 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

This wasn't a Hurney move alone, im sure RR had a lot to say about it,for one. For two,to think they'd cut a better player to keep a worse one (IYO) just because he likes him better as a person, is fuggin dumb. Every team wants to field the best sqaud possible. You prove time and time again, that you have the mental acumen of an amoeba.

Yes, I do think Hurney is dumb because I think letting go of better players to hang on to guys who can't stay on the field or aren't good enough to see it is DUMB, but that's what Hurney does all the time, and yes, I know that the coach has a say in stuff like this, which is why I said Fua looks like Rivera's son.

Apparently you have the IQ of a turd.

And yes, I ignored the fact that you were talking about "me" being dumb, not Hurney, because you clearly didn't have the mental acumen to decipher what was being said.

#97 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

You know that Fua and McClain play different positions, right?

They're both Defensive Tackles. Could care less how they are "specifically" used.

#98 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

First, I love the signing. This is a clear upgrade over McClain and I was hoping we would sign Edwards after I saw he was released. However, like everyone else it baffles me that we let go of McClain who was a fairly significant investment after only one year over guys like Clausen and Edwards who were also high investments, but have been given time to prove themselves and have failed to make significant contributions. There has to be something we don't know. Maybe McClain wasn't hungry enough. Rivera has put more emphasis on his player having a want to compared to the Fox era.

Would've been a clear upgrade over Fua, too.

#99 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

This cut speaks volume of how far out of favor Mcclain has fallen. Improve or gtfo is basically what they are saying. They must have reached a point where they thought even as depth or in a rotation he would be no help to this team. Mcclian did nothing to show otherwise in preseason so he's gone.

You have been spot on in this whole ordeal my friend. I do not know what the majority of us here think good DT play looks like. Really glad that the FO does not share the same backwards opinions as those on this board.

#100 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Some of you guys are so fickle. Complain 24/7 about no interior pass rush from the line, then they do something to address it, you cry about that too.

I'm happy. We get a band-aid on the DT position which is the best we can do at this point. McClain and Fua are going out the door proving me right. Fua next maybe not this year, but next year. We still have plenty of issues on D, and still are not going to be very good, but at least teams wont be able to milk us in the 4th like they did last year.

#101 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yes, I do think Hurney is dumb because I think letting go of better players to hang on to guys who can't stay on the field or aren't good enough to see it is DUMB, but that's what Hurney does all the time, and yes, I know that the coach has a say in stuff like this, which is why I said Fua looks like Rivera's son.

Apparently you have the IQ of a turd.

Lol...mkay. you must have thought McClain had sexier legs than Fua.

#102 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

The team wants to carry 3 QB'S. we did last year and were doing is this year. Thats why Clausen was not cut imo.

The team wants to carry 6 receivers on the roster, we did it last year and doing it this year. Thats why Armanti was not cut imo.

They want to keep 4 DT'S, we did it last year and doing it this year. Now let me explain, we don't need more than 4. We have our starting Nose in Edwards and our backup to him in Fua. The new Edwards appears equipped to play the nose or the 3-tech. So that gives us 3 guys who can play nose tackle. With Kearse and the new Edwards we have 2 3-tech's and can also rotate in some of our defesnive ends if need be. Mcclain was the worst and least imrpoved DT of the bunch and was cut to make room for an upgrade at the position.

#103 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

They're both Defensive Tackles. Could care less how they are "specifically" used.

Which is why everyone is laughing at you.

#104 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

So am I the only one who thinks there isn't much of a difference between McClain and Fua? The only reason people think McClain is better is because he would on occasion get into the backfield but he was much, much worse as a run defender. I believe PFF agrees with me as well as IIRC, they had Fua higher rated than him. Obviously PFF isn't always 100% accurate but I don't see why so many people think McClain was so much better than Fua and at the end of the day, maybe Rivera just prefers guys who are better at playing the run at DT? McClain is worthless at it and doesn't really have the build to ever develop into that kind of guy.

I guess for me I don't think it would have mattered who would have gotten cut between the two. Both are bad. But Fua at least has the build to offer something as a run stuffer. McClain does not.

#105 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Which is why everyone is laughing at you.

Ain't that the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com