Photo
- - - - -

Actual NFL regular season football this evening on NBC....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

But is it worth listening to Collinsworth banter about nothing for hours?

#32 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hope the Giants win.. don't want them any more desperate for a win when we play them week 3. Hope they win the first 2 games of the season actually. So they will be due to lose come week 3.

#33 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

sigh...I miss John Madden...

BOOM!

A Dallas loss is about the best outcome from tonight. Let's get the Giants all fat and happy and then destroy them on national TV in a couple weeks.

Best outcome evah!

#34 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

I have always found it funny how so many people have an opinion on how the Panthers will match up against other teams yet 90% of those people will never watch a snap of a game the Panthers aren't in and truely have no idea about any other team in the league. With that being said, the 10% that actually follow the NFL aren't hard to pick out when giving their opinons.

Eventhough I hate both teams, Giants vs. Cowboys is historic matchup and a great way to kick off the season. Can't wait till kickoff.

You are talking like you know what a football town is supposed to be like.

#35 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,516 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

This isn't Panthers related.

GMen by 14

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

oh yeah, go panthers

#37 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have always found it funny how so many people have an opinion on how the Panthers will match up against other teams yet 90% of those people will never watch a snap of a game the Panthers aren't in and truely have no idea about any other team in the league. With that being said, the 10% that actually follow the NFL aren't hard to pick out when giving their opinons.

Eventhough I hate both teams, Giants vs. Cowboys is historic matchup and a great way to kick off the season. Can't wait till kickoff.

Meh to it all. The whole NFC East is always so overhyped it just gets annoying. Dallas has sucked forever and they are always front page. The Eagles have never won a super bowl. The Redskins are irrelevant in my opinion. NY is the only team that has lived up to the hype but we beat them by 75 the last time we played them in the playoffs. The Panthers are undefeated against the NFC East in the playoffs. I'll just stay in my small market world and enjoy the Panthers. I certainly watch every non-Panther game that is on but I am not all fired up about them, sorry to offend. I would mow the grass during a Skins/Eagles game and not think twice about it.

#38 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,953 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm not one to flaunt my knowledge of opposing teams anyway. I pay attention to the division teams, but the other 28 are just not that interesting to me.

#39 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

I don't know about you guys but I'm so burnt out on the overexposure of the NFC East. Saints*/Packers was much more interesting last season. Still I will watch.

#40 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

My family is from New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania. I was telling my cousin the Panthers would kick his Eagles ass and his response was "the Panthers have no running game". Have you ever been in a conversation where the guy says something so dumb you sort of stop talking because there's no point?

#41 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

I guess we will get to see replacement refs with live bullets. Yay.

#42 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Meh to it all. The whole NFC East is always so overhyped it just gets annoying. Dallas has sucked forever and they are always front page. The Eagles have never won a super bowl. The Redskins are irrelevant in my opinion. NY is the only team that has lived up to the hype but we beat them by 75 the last time we played them in the playoffs. The Panthers are undefeated against the NFC East in the playoffs. I'll just stay in my small market world and enjoy the Panthers. I certainly watch every non-Panther game that is on but I am not all fired up about them, sorry to offend. I would mow the grass during a Skins/Eagles game and not think twice about it.

It's not a conference thing and I don't even know where the Panthers record in the playoffs against the NFC fits into the equation but I would be just as excited to watch and Packers vs. Bears or Raiders vs. Chiefs match up tonight. Great history and you know those teams are going to come out with their A games for those match ups. I admittedly may be biased, but the NFC always beats up on each other and the games are usually very entertaining. Hell the Skins took down the Super Bowl champs twice last year. Now don't get me wrong, if it were the Jags vs. the Browns and the grass needed to be mowed, I might be right there with you. I just think it's an intriguing matchup of two good teams with two of the most underated QB's in the league.

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,969 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

One of these days Johnny Rockets... one of these days Panthers fans will boo Santa Claus.

#44 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

My family is from New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania. I was telling my cousin the Panthers would kick his Eagles ass and his response was "the Panthers have no running game". Have you ever been in a conversation where the guy says something so dumb you sort of stop talking because there's no point?

Yeah, not a very knowledgeable fan there but I also would have to question your absolute reasoning behind the Panther's having such an easy time kicking the Eagle's ass. Feel free to list the reasons.

And for the record....Philly fans are of the most (if not the most) irrational fanbases around and I wouldn't want to have a conversation with them for the most part either.

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,516 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

One of these days Johnny Rockets... one of these days Panthers fans will boo Santa Claus.

In my dreams we would have that good of a home environment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com