• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#16 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I dont want Beason or Munnerlyn starting. I dont want to see Beason pull up again, would prefer him take his time. But maybe he has. Munnerlyn, great, just great. I prefer he be on the sideline to start the game where you cant tell if he is standing up or sitting on the bench.

#17 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

#2 CB designation is more of a formality than anything, imo, cause i think we'll be running a lot of nickel formations anyway. supposedly we ran in the nickel about 65%(?) in the preseason. if we jump out to an early lead we'll probably see it the rest of the game.

cap't will be out there a lot, but so will norman. i think there won't be much difference in the number of snaps those two guys take.

Against TB, I don't expect to see much nickel except on 3rd down. And generally, the nickle CB plays the slot so it is a lot more than a 'formality'. It has pretty big implications.

#18 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

If Captain can get help over the top and we have any semblance of a pass rush, we'll be fine against Sugar boy.
And as far as Beason starting...I will have to go back and re-watch the game to see if we got any pressure on the QB because I will not take my eyes off of the LB's all day.

Release the hounds!

#19 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

I believe in Captain Munnerlyn.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

With the likely offensive scheme that Schiano will run (pounding the ball), I would not expect to see a ton of Nicole formations unless we get out big and force them to throw.

true, at any rate...the negative impact form munnerlynn will be minimal. i'm not worried. we aren't going to lose a game because of a josh freeman to mike williams connection.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'll be holding my breath hoping Beason can make it through without aggravating his hammy. Hope we aren't rushing him back.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nakamura take advantage of his starting opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with an INT or a few big hits.

Well, maybe I didn't learn my lesson from Dwayne Jarrett but this poster has shown optimism on this board when few were willing. We have not seen the last of THE Sherrod Martin. Martin is more talented than Nakamura....Martin will be back. Martin will be back and ball. 2011 isn't going to define Martin IMO.

#22 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

true, at any rate...the negative impact form munnerlynn will be minimal. i'm not worried. we aren't going to lose a game because of a josh freeman to mike williams connection.

Giants probably didn't think they would lose bc of the Ogletree Romo connection. I mean if you were game planning against this D....would you not put a heavy emphasis on the Williams/Captain matchup. Hope to find a way to get VJ on Captain in a dream scenario?

#23 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Well, maybe I didn't learn my lesson from Dwayne Jarrett but this poster has shown optimism on this board when few were willing. We have not seen the last of THE Sherrod Martin. Martin is more talented than Nakamura....Martin will be back. Martin will be back and ball. 2011 isn't going to define Martin IMO.

CRA is this really you?!?

I think and hope you're right. Martin played like a floppy turd last year, but the talent and uncoachable athleticism are there in him. I'd much rather Martin "get it" and push for playing time over the more fundamental but limited Ninja. Hopefully he Keeps Pounding and doesn't just check out for the season.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Mike Williams is 5inches taller than Munnerlyn, and apparently in great shape this year... Don't kid yourselves.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Giants probably didn't think they would lose bc of the Ogletree Romo connection. I mean if you were game planning against this D....would you not put a heavy emphasis on the Williams/Captain matchup. Hope to find a way to get VJ on Captain in a dream scenario?

that's always a possibility, but i doubt that bucs have the ability to capitalize on that matchup the way that the cowboys did. we are talking about a very good cowboys system that has been in use for years along with a very good QB throwing the ball. romo>>>>freeman. garrett>>>>sullivan.

i just have more trust in rivera/mcdermmott to control that situation than i have in the bucs ability to capitalize on it.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Mike Williams is 5inches taller than Munnerlyn, and apparently in great shape this year... Don't kid yourselves, I look forward to see how Rivera handles this...

people are making it sound like we've never had to deal with mike williams before.

if capt can't handle him, then stick norman on him. if that doesn't work...double him up. if the WRs are eating us up in man coverage, move to zone or run a lot of nickel offense.

i'm just not worried. i've got faith in rivera/mcD being more able to deal with it than the bucs being able to dish it out.

#27 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Scheme wise? sure. Munnerlyn vs Williams? LOL

There are a lot of reasons to disregard Williams last year and see why he could be much improved this year..

#28 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Josh Freeman is not Tony Romo.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Scheme wise, sure. Munnerlyn vs Williams? LOL

i don't think we'll see that enough to really threaten the game or be much of a problem.

#30 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

VJax must be double teamed and taken out of the game. Just totally eliminate an option for Freeman. Our LBs can control the middle and the run game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.