142 replies to this topic

#91 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Let me educate all of you AGAIN!

First of all I have told you all along that GODELL would be proven wrong. He jumped to conclusions, tried to make a case that wasn't there, lied about evidence and more. He needs to be kicked out of the league. Not only are the players free but it won't be long before Payton is back. Not that they will need him, especially early in the season. There first few games are the easier part of their schedule.

Second, for all of you who are saying the Saints** are in trouble with the cap please check the numbers and get back to me. They are under by more than enough to bring back players.

Third, for all of you who think the players won't be ready please please have a clue. Will Smith has played in every preseason game and has practiced the entire time so he will be as ready as any player. Vilma is hurt but Lofton is a much player player than Vilma and the Saints** D overall is significantly improved.

What an amazing day for the Saints** organization. I have a feeling it is just the beginning of what will be a storybook year ending in a Super Bowl championship with Godell having to give the trophy to a reinstated Sean Peyton.

This is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#92 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Uh oh. Breezing2anotherdickinthebutt is viewing this thread. Who couldn't see this one coming?

Edit: Too late.

Go kill yourself please.

#93 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

(Newb nerves as a new cast member of Glee hoping somebody notices him. 5 seconds after post second guessing "should I, should I start a new thread?!")

After response

(Skipping away like Will Farrell "They like me.
.they really like me!)

You started off well, but I wouldn't quote Glee too often there broseph.

#94 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hope Vilma wins this in the end.

#95 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

This whole thing was a "cover you ass" scenario by the NFL because of the concussion lawsuits. The NFL wanted to show that they were "serious" about player safety. (Yet they didn't care before the concussion lawsuits started rolling in). So they over-stepped their bounds by implementing these suspensions. Good for the Saints* players for fighting this.

#96 Bodybag

Bodybag

100% woman-proof

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

So does the Commish have strong enough evidence of the "conduct detrimental" variety to withstand legal scrutiny? I'm thinking that Dog the Bounty Hunter slide gets a few giggles in court.

And even if he decides to let it stand as a pay for performance violation (which is the one thing that everyone agrees actually happened) and settles for fining the players, the only piece of physical evidence shown so far that supports cash payouts - the Pamphilon video - actually captures the players being offered money shouting "put it back [in the pot]," so the players could potentially finagle out of that one too.

Incidentally, I don't think the NFL or Goodell has it out for my team, and in all likelyhood Goodell's intentions were purely to protect the brand, even if the financial considerations of the impending concussion lawsuits were the overiding factor. Unfortunately I think he backed himself into a corner by overstating his case and now it's a battle over leverage with the NFLPA.

#97 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

PT would be doing the same thing today if he were the comish.

It's all about protecting the shield from future lawsuits........

it not hard to understand.

I dont doubt that Tagliabue wouldn't do his best to protect the shield from future lawsuits, but it seems to me that Roger Goodell abuses his power. He acts like/is a dictator. He gives players suspensions, and there is no one there to challenge his rulings. If you appeal a suspension. Goodell is the one who hears the appeal. That makes no sense. If there was no player's union Goodell could get away with whatever he wants to do. Goodell's job isn't to protect the players. His job is to protect the owners and the NFL from lawsuits. I don't think he gives a sh*t about the player's safety. As a matter of fact I believe that this whole player safety movement is just to make him and the NFL look good. At the end of the day its about making money.

#98 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Still an asterisk to me **************************************************
Can't get the cheating smell off no matter how much you scrub.
Fact is it happened and no amount of legal maneuvering is going to change the fact that you guys are assholes.

#99 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,366 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

According to PFT this was a ruling by an appeals panel and not the judge and is final.

I understood it to be a ruling by a three judge panel. I did not think it was the federal appeals court.

I might be wrong though.

#100 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Jumping in without any offseason conditioning just means more chance that those players get injured. Sounds good to me. Saints******** have the bounty on them this year.

Nope, the only suspension that began at week one was the GM. Everyone else was suspended immediately.

Wrong! Two of the four will be playing Sunday. Vilma was the only one suspended beginning with training camp and it doesn't matter, he had knee surgery. He'd be inactive on Sunday anyway. The other suspensions started Monday, September 3, 2012. Smith & Fujita will be active. Hargrove is unsigned.
http://sports.yahoo....48601--nfl.html

Vilma's status was not as clear. His season-long suspension began before training camp and he has been trying to work his way back from offseason surgery on his left knee.

Earlier this week, Saints******* interim head coach Aaron Kromer said Smith, who participated in training camp and the preseason before he began serving his four-game suspension on Monday, would be ready to play against Washington if available.

At Browns headquarters, linebacker D'Qwell Jackson was sure the 33-year-old Fujita would be able to come back and have an immediate impact.
Fujita was barred from Cleveland's training facility this week, but he stayed in town and worked out on his own at nearby Baldwin Wallace University in the event the suspension was lifted.

Hargrove, docked eight games, was released last month by Green Bay and is not currently with a team.

#101 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,569 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Wrong! Two of the four will be playing Sunday. Vilma was the only one suspended beginning with training camp and it doesn't matter, he had knee surgery. He'd be inactive on Sunday anyway. The other suspensions started Monday, September 3, 2012. Smith & Fujita will be active. Hargrove is unsigned.
http://sports.yahoo....48601--nfl.html

Yep, I looked it up. You were right. Good catch.

#102 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yep, I looked it up. You were right. Good catch.

Thank you

[[we need the 2 beers smiley back]]

#103 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,546 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

I don't think that the appeal court said anything about whether Bountygate happened so much as they decided that Goodell didn't have the power to impose penalties unless there was clear danger to other players. In this case they didn't think that there was definite proof that the player's roles in the bounty system met their interpretation of the standard of hurting and injuring other players by those players who were penalized. And he couldn't impose future penalties unless they could prove there was a clear and evident danger to other players from a player's actions.

That is a far cry from saying that the Saints** were vindicated or that Goodell was wrong. They just ruled that they were imposing a high standard of proof and narrowly defining Goodell's power in this case. If no bounty gate existed then they would have overturned the coaching sanctions and team penalties as well. They didn't justify any of the Saints** actions just applied a tougher injury interpretation to Goodell's power to impose penalties on players.

#104 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

While I can't stand Goodell, this situation is pretty much the exception to the rule. I agreed with his handling in this case. He did what needed to be done, and was maybe even a bit gentle in his punishments. I don't care if it was the Saints* or any other team, even my own, if they are playing dirty (as the evidence and my own two eyes for the past 3 years have proven to be the case) they need the hammer dropped on them. Hopefully he does indeed reissue the punishments with clearer wording so it can no longer be disputed.

#105 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

http://profootballta...l-be-re-issued/

Potentially good news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.