Photo
- - - - -

Female Judge Victim Blaming Sexual Assault Victim.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

well
a ) in reference to sexual assault, it is a huge fuging problem in the military but for some reason that can't seem to be dealt with at all
b ) just happened to read an article recently that mentioned that no one has been executed under the ucmj since 1961
c ) you literally get points tacked on to your scores in testing for public sector jobs simply for enlisting to fight an unnecessary war

these are three widely different examples of preferential treatment given simply for being a part of team america: world police. i just think it's funny that you've never understood preferential treatment for police officers when military members get away with equal and worse poo than this

also the officer in this case was pretty clearly given an irrational sentence simply because the judge felt the victim was to blame. i mean she was pretty direct about it all.

Best post you have made.

#47 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,685 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

well
a ) in reference to sexual assault, it is a huge fuging problem in the military but for some reason that can't seem to be dealt with at all
b ) just happened to read an article recently that mentioned that no one has been executed under the ucmj since 1961

I thought you said 'I' get some preferential treatment? Seeing that I 1) keep my hands and body parts to myself or to my wife, and 2) am not on death row, I fail to see my preferential treatment.
Sexual assault is a problem in the entire US.
oddly enough, the UCMJ is one of the biggest the reasons the death penalty was reinstated in the US.

c ) you literally get points tacked on to your scores in testing for public sector jobs simply for enlisting to fight an unnecessary war

lol, no. you do get extra points, but only to secure an interview - not to "test" for a job.

these are three widely different examples of preferential treatment given simply for being a part of team america: world police. i just think it's funny that you've never understood preferential treatment for police officers when military members get away with equal and worse poo than this

lol i've seen harsher punishments for being less than 10 minutes early.

#48 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

I thought you said 'I' get some preferential treatment? Seeing that I 1) keep my hands and body parts to myself or to my wife, and 2) am not on death row, I fail to see my preferential treatment.
Sexual assault is a problem in the entire US.
oddly enough, the UCMJ is one of the biggest the reasons the death penalty was reinstated in the US.

no the point is that you spent years in a military that actively suppresses accusations of rape and hell, outright murder, and yet you can't understand why some judges give preferential treatment to police (it's mostly because our relatively conservative united states has a collective hard-on for authority, wrt both the police and the military).

also sexual assault anywhere is a problem, but there are varying degrees. the military has a serious, serious problem with sexual assault.

lol, no. you do get extra points, but only to secure an interview - not to "test" for a job.

that's a pretty significant advantage

lol i've seen harsher punishments for being less than 10 minutes early.

yes and i've seen the aftermath of my lai

#49 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,685 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yup My Lai guys are walking free to this day.

You should see the advantages federal civilian employees get if you think a vet's 5 or 10 point "advantage" qualifies as significant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com