Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Game Grades - Panthers at Bucs

43 posts in this topic

Agree with most of the grades. I'd probably drop the defense grade to a C though. The Bucs didn't do anything special on offense, they played classic Foxball for the most part, which lent more to their only scoring 16 points than our defense did. But I do think the defense looked better than all of last year, which really isn't saying much I guess.

They were forced to play Fox ball in the 2nd half. Everytime Freeman drop backed we pressured him or ran him out the pocket. Give the defense more credit for making the Bucs play safe.

I think thats a bit harsh giving the offense and F, I mean cmon, the Panthers played horrible but were still in a position to win. Cam was still able to pass for 300 yards. Also, they scored 2 more touchdowns than they would have with Jimmy Clausen. I say the offense deserves a D but definitely not an F.

Cam's being able to throw for 300 is a testimony to the freak of nature QB he is, rather than evidence that the offense was doing something right. The Oline was TERRIBLE. On rushing downs they consistently got manhandled by the Bucs D, failing to open any kind of holes for Dwill or Tolbert to take advantage of. On passing downs they collapsed the pocket and abused our D-tackles to send a swarm of white jerseys into the backfield, forcing Cam to scramble for his life too many times. I say the F is warranted.

Reasons for optimism? Cam, Smitty, Murphy, Lafell, Olsen. But for them to hit pay dirt the Oline has GOT to get their collective [email protected] together.

1 person likes this

Are you folks sure you're fans?

IMO, the defense needed to step up more. They could barely stop a guy who wasn't able to break the 200 yeard game. What is the team going to do when they face real slinging QBs?

You folks spend way to much time making it all about your offense simply because of what Cam and the receivers did last season but let's be real, the Panthers as a whole, really need to get it together or this season is going to be worst than last season and it's not your QB's fault. This team seems to get way to complacent way to quickly...JMHO

Without a doubt, Gerard McCoy was the best player in our backfield.

6 people like this

The offense was, as usual Cam and which every receiver could get open. The defense needed to step up more also.They could barely stop a guy who wasn't able to break the 200 yard game and his team was playing very well. What is the defense going to do when they face real slinging QBs?

You folks spend way to much time making it all about your offense simply because of what Cam and the receivers did last season but let's be real, the Panthers as a whole, really need to get it together or this season is going to be worst than last season and it's not your QB's fault. This team seems to get way to complacent way to quickly...JMHO

I concur with Zod. Offense was abysmal and a shock to me. O-line never showed up, 10 yds rushing, and is why I agree with the F. Bucs fans kept them going and the only redemption in the second half came after a huge thunderclap and downpour. The defense was better but was going to give up something when they were constantly on the field. I hate season openers and this is a good example why. This time I blame Rivera and staff. They were outcoached and ill prepared for what Tampa delivered...a Good punch in the mouth from a division rival.

IMO, the defense needed to step up more. They could barely stop a guy who wasn't able to break the 200 yeard game. What is the team going to do when they face real slinging QBs?

We know the whole team needs to get it together...but holding a team to 16 points and 258 yards of offense should be good enough to win a game

I dunno, I think Zod spent more time taking pictures of cheerleaders than watching the game. Dont agree with the grades at all.

Is this your own grading on the team?

Bc Offense played like a D+ and Deffense played like a C-, not B-.

I said it many times already, our Defense looked better in the second half bc of a rookie coach staying honest and managing the game. If it was a team like N.O., we'd be blown out. Quit looking at stats and the score.

Defense allowed 16 points to the home team and kept the panthers in the game despite being on the field nearly twice as long.