Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

News Flash

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah don't try to be positive at all. Everybody look for a building to jump off of.

Posted

I was reading this morning that half of the teams in the NFL lost yesterday (of all those that played). I hope this isn't a bad sign for the Panthers.

2 people like this

Posted

So after the week one Monday night games, half the league's message-boards (huddle included) will panic and the other half will have their teams winning the super bowl. Typical knee-jerk message-board dribbage. You can tell by my handle I really hate losing to the Bucs....but c'mon...just chill. I expect we'll look much improved next week.

Posted

Hey we lost but nothing will make me feel better than beat the Saints* next week! We will be fine

Posted

They finished 2 games over at 9-7 and wouldn't have even made the playoffs except for the fact that their division sucked. If they were in the NFC south they would not have made it in as a wild card. With our division the way it is we can't afford to lose to these shitty teams and still have any chance at the playoffs. 9-7 isn't going to get it done most years. And after yesterday that is being optimistic anyway.

9-7... Minus 1 win puts them at 8-8.. Therefore, 1 game over .500.

But if you want to jump off a bridge because we lost 1 game, then be my guest.

Posted

Knee jerk doom and gloom reaction from the lesser experienced huddlers is a tradition here.

I don't post here often, but I'm as big a Panther fan as anyone, and I think being an 'experienced' Panther fan makes 'doom and gloom reaction' a perfectly reasonable repsonse. In 17 years we've had exactly 4 winning seasons. I'm tired of losing. I know the past is not necessarily an indication of the future, but we have a tradition here. You can call it negativity or realism- your choice.

Posted

I know there's a difference between the Packers, Giants, Saints** and our team, but I just can't place it.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not going to make you feel good about the loss, but the point stands... the Steelers, Giants, Packers and Saints* all lost to inferior opponents this week, much too early to panic.

Posted

I was reading this morning that half of the teams in the NFL lost yesterday (of all those that played). I hope this isn't a bad sign for the Panthers.

Ummm yeah obviously half the teams that played lost....

Posted

I think people here were more ready to make fun of other posters than actually discuss our first loss of the year

I see more posters telling people not to panic than actual panicking

tumblr_lzpin0H4cz1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Posted

the fact that carolina had no rushing game at all and still had a chance to win at the end, is awesome imo. past years, this would have been a blow out 42-0. The game was a grudge match between 2 division rivals. Was a good game, we didnt win but it was a good game to watch anyways.

I disagree. It was NOT a "good game". The defense played well, but the O-line was painful to watch. I don't consider a half-hearted effort from our o-line, poor play-calling and a lack of urgency a "good" thing by any measure.

Posted

godderrn that flash was too much to handle