Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

pie to SCMunnerlyn1 for keeping track of "Full Retard Plays"

I do what I can :P

#43 iampantherman

iampantherman

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I agree with your points for the most part, I just don't share your optimistic outlook that we are a "good" team this year. I think we are an average team with a tough schedule, too many holes on the roster and below average coaching on the whole. Therefore, 6, 7 or 8 wins- 9 if we steal one and hold serve in the games we should win.

Good teams do not come out of the gate and have a bad game in the fashion and against the caliber of opponent we did. Yes, it can happen on occassion, but it's rare. I want to believe, I just don't unfortunately.

#44 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

I agree!. With all that being said, we only lost by 6 points. They game was still winnable. I won't lie, it hurt to lose to the Bucs (my buc friend is annoying) but I did see a few positives. Chud will call a better game sunday and I expect us to bring it!

The problem I have is we only lost by 6 but from what I saw from last years offense we should have one by 14

#45 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Rewatching it again now. The final drive of the first half, the O-line was awful. Silatolu missed a block then got a false start. After that Hangartner, Bell and Tolbert missed blocks, then Hangman got a false start. I don't think Cam had anything close to good protection the entire drive.

#46 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Rewatching it again now. The final drive of the first half, the O-line was awful. Silatolu missed a block then got a false start. After that Hangartner, Bell and Tolbert missed blocks, then Hangman got a false start. I don't think Cam had anything close to good protection the entire drive.

Yeah, I rewatched the 1st half offense last night.....might to the 2nd tonight after the wife and kid are in bed.

3 plays I row right around where Cam was forced out of bounds for a sack. Bell was getting help but looked decent in his one on one's prior to that point. I remember they overloaded his side and he just watched guys run past him on both sides getting his body on no one.

#47 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

On paper it sounds like you're making a good point, but based on game 1, I can't agree.

DE - number 90 had two key deflections, and I think he may be starting by the end of the year. He dropped because of a heart condition that turned out to be a false alarm. Don't sleep on the young man.
CB - And how has Norman played so far? Except for a questionable PI call, he had a great game. Sounds like a steal in the 5th to me.
DT - I'd like to introduce you to Edwards & Edwards DT at law. One of them had 2 sacks on his first game as a Panther FYI.

You may be proven right on future outings, but for this game at least, defense did not lose us this one.

What you said is true but I wasn't indicating, nor did I say that our defense lost the game for us. The team played like crap the 1st half, including the defense. I like Edwards and Edwards FYI and wasn't trying to indicate that they weren't good or should be replaced. My point was that the DT position was overlooked during the offseason. However I do think that we are much better at DT this year than last.
DE: 90 played well but and so did Hardy but we need quicker pressure from the position.
CB: Norman played well and may turn out to be the steal of our draft but again, my point was that these positions were ignored again this year.
I don't agree with passing up on good talent in FA and filling the need with a 5th round pick. I'd take the FA and the 5th round pick and cut the underachiever. I like Norman and think that he may be what we need. My question is will he be what we need when we need it or will he need more time? My philosophy isn't to build through the draft but with the draft.

#48 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

wasn't one of Cam's picks throw into quadruple coverage or at least triple with a db rolling over to help out?

he can get away with that in the SEC but he just has to know he can't do that. once he balances out being super competitive with just throwing it away, look out.

#49 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

wasn't one of Cam's picks throw into quadruple coverage or at least triple with a db rolling over to help out?

he can get away with that in the SEC but he just has to know he can't do that. once he balances out being super competitive with just throwing it away, look out.

He hit LaFell in both hands.....problem was Talib fot to LaFell before the ball. Cam's throw was on the money....which is why Cam Didn't apologize for that one.

#50 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

If it hit your hands, its catchable

The main question is why the fug are running play action and hasn't been successful running. They already knew it was a damn pass. That's just dumb as poo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users