Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, Israel is just as bad as these guys. I see your point

#62 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,363 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Yea, I heard that this morning. The original movie that pissed them off was done by a dutch person. I think he contributed to this one, but it appears the american did most of the work on it.

The basic point still remains though. The US government has no control over it and they don't seem to understand that.

I don't think it would matter. America is the enemy... had it been a Korean guy that had a German sister that once visited America, they would still have attacked our embassy.

#63 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

It's so bad...I don't think it meets any theatrical genre.

yea, i think that's the thing... i think it actually comes full circle and becomes a satirical look at muslim stereotypes.

#64 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

smh

Didn't we just help these folks?

Can't help but wonder if the old dick-taters would have allowed something like this to happen.

I'm as guilty as any Libertardian fool in my perhaps childish desire to get out of everywhere and start with helping Americans.
Cut off all aid. Just disconnect.
But stuff like this reminds me that it really aint that simple.

We kinda need to be everywhere. We weren't in Iran in the late 70's. At least not in a ready to drop the hammer sense.
Same for Astan in 2001.

I would like us to have a low profile, but be able to talk when we need to talk, but also have a goddamn hammer behind our backs, because sometime bitches need killin.

It is possible that what we are witnessing are the growing pains of a region that knows nothing about how to properly express the freedom of speech, coupled with the freedom of religion.

I hope this is the case.

I tell myself this because my knee jerk reaction is to tactically nuke the place and run AC-130's to mop up any rat bastards that survive.

I tell myself that things can get better in the ME...

but history does not appear to bear out this conclusion.

#65 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Obama statement in Rose Garden

http://bcove.me/ekntmm4o

No questions were taken.

#66 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

#67 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

"This is not funny" Gaddafi and bin Laden in hell

#68 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I NEVER wanted to see the photo of the body of the ambassador, yet SOMEONE on this board felt it was necessary to post the photo rather than a link to the photo ... hugely inappropriate. I know it's "news" and reality, but please give people the chance to not view that.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in these tough times.

#69 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm as guilty as any Libertardian fool in my perhaps childish desire to get out of everywhere and start with helping Americans.

Yeah, backing off from everywhere is an easy position to take, one that I find myself wanting many times. But it's insanely complex to think about the power balance in the world and how easily it would go to poo if we truly went with the best interests of the american public. We can't ignore the situation we are in when trying to figure out where we want to be.

#70 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,030 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

smh

Didn't we just help these folks?

Can't help but wonder if the old dick-taters would have allowed something like this to happen.

We kinda need to be everywhere. We weren't in Iran in the late 70's. At least not in a ready to drop the hammer sense.
Same for Astan in 2001.

I would like us to have a low profile, but be able to talk when we need to talk, but also have a goddamn hammer behind our backs, because sometime bitches need killin.

It is possible that what we are witnessing are the growing pains of a region that knows nothing about how to properly express the freedom of speech, coupled with the freedom of religion.

I hope this is the case.

I tell myself this because my knee jerk reaction is to tactically nuke the place and run AC-130's to mop up any rat bastards that survive.

I tell myself that things can get better in the ME...

but history does not appear to bear out this conclusion.

IMO, thats it in a nutshell.

Western society didn't just all of a sudden establish freedom of speech and religion. We went thru a number of growing pains over hundreds of years, and its till not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

#71 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

Is there some sort of purpose for posting that?

#72 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

apparently one of the guys killed was a well-respected redditor and EVE online player and was posting last night soon before it happened.

http://www.reddit.co...s_killed_in_an/

#73 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,363 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

apparently one of the guys killed was a well-respected redditor and EVE online player and was posting last night soon before it happened.

http://www.reddit.co...s_killed_in_an/

Some good reading on there...

I'm not the person you were addressing, but as someone raised Muslim who lived in the Middle East for 10 years, I'll say this: violence is an acceptable response to nearly anything in our culture. Daughter dressing provocatively? Beat her. Son showing signs of being gay? Beat him. Get into a fender-bender on the road? Fight the other driver. Waiter brings you cold food? Make sure you hurl plenty of verbal abuse at him. Restraint in the face of adversity or provocation is considered a sign of weakness; if you don't raise a ruckus, then you have no strength. This holds especially true for men, but my own mother (a woman who stands at all of 5 ft tall) broke a glass bowl over my uncle's head once because he said something inappropriate. And that's just one example out of dozens I could bring up off the top of my head.

I want to be able to say something like "This is only true for a minority of Muslims", and I'm sure others have had different experiences, but everything I've seen and experienced points to the fact that Middle Eastern culture fosters and encourages violence. After 9/11 I got into numerous arguments where I defended Islam and used the "No True Muslim" fallacy one too many times, but at this point there's no defense I can offer, no excuse for the way things are. I'm tired of defending my own people, which is almost as sad to me as the fact that there's any need to defend them in the first place.

TL;DR The Middle East is fuged-up, and those of us who don't beat others or burn things are tired of trying to defend those who do.

IOW, it's not really a religious thing, it's a cultural thing... (see bold above) Restraint is seen as a sign of weakness, so it's all out or nothing...

#74 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

yea, it's a good thread.

#75 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

F'ing animals... I don't support war or the killing of innocent people, but I truly hope they find the savages that were dragging the ambassador's body in the streets and torture them to death. Act like an animal, get treated like one.

If the ambassador has children, I'm sure that's how they want to remember him, with these idiots dragging his lifeless body around the streets as a trophy.

I hope Southpark does another episode on mohamed immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com