• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

And give Hangman a game to redeem himself before you bench him.

If he can't get it together with that shitty defensive line of the Saints*...............he needs to retire.

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

And give Hangman a game to redeem himself before you bench him.

Hangman was shitty last year, he's just cheap and thats why he's still on the team.......

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hangartner was average last year, sucked in preseason, sucked Sunday. Bench his ass now.

#19 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'd rather Bell replace him and Campbell play RT.

#20 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I certainly hope we can fix our o-line problem. I think that the Bucs just exposed us and every team is going stack the line and blitz through our o-line. I look at Pollak as a pocket protection G and he may not be versitile enough to block for Cam, but we've got to do something. Maybe our o-line coach will come up with a blocking scheme.

#21 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

WELL I'LL BE THE FIRST TO EAT CROW AND SAY BELL WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKED SOLID FOR THE MOST PART. EVEN GROSS GOT BULLIED.

#22 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Not to disagree with the Pollack for Hangartner sentiments (those calling for Silatolu to be benched are retarded), but Peyton Manning is probably the Zen Master of avoiding sacks by his ability to navigate the pocket and get the ball out quick. The Colts o-line was subpar near the end of his tenure and Peyton was still on the low end of sacks taken.

Yeah, but there has to be a pocket in the first place for a QB to navigate it. We had maybe a handful of solid pockets on Sunday. Also, I don't think it retarded to not throw a rookie out of DII, albeit one with amazing potential, into the fire of the NFL right away. I'm not saying that we bench Silatolu for the season, but maybe only use him once we're up by 21 or on obvious passing plays to start.

THIS

I can't really by much into the Peyton # as he made a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Maybe he's better than Hangman or not but I won't use those stats as an argument point.

Cam can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Michael Vick can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Hell, RG3 can make a mediocre O-Line look outstanding. Pocket passers like Brady or Manning need a pocket in the first place in order to pass. I would argue that in their cases, their O-Line makes them look outstanding.

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I certainly hope we can fix our o-line problem. I think that the Bucs just exposed us and every team is going stack the line and blitz through our o-line. I look at Pollak as a pocket protection G and he may not be versitile enough to block for Cam, but we've got to do something. Maybe our o-line coach will come up with a blocking scheme.

Play calling is the easiest fix....

They are a run blocking OL that wasn't asked to run block but instead hold off a pass rush all game as deep routes developed.

nothing wrong with our OL.

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

They are a run blocking OL that wasn't asked to run block but instead hold off a pass rush all game as deep routes developed.

I hope you're right, we'll see how well we do against the Saints*...

#25 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks! Is that you Hangman?

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Thanks! Is that you Hangman?

hangman sucks regardless....but Chud is played into it

#27 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

You know its funny caz after we cut wharton I immediately said that guard has to be one of our top priorities via draft/FA (i wanted decastro, but I am way happier about what we got instead). When I stated that hangman is NOT a starting quality guard, I received endless amounts of vicious flaming. Look the dude got CUT from buffalo, and they have plenty of cap space to keep him as a backup. I love hangman as a backup, but he's just not... stout enough to start.

#28 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

You know its funny caz after we cut wharton I immediately said that guard has to be one of our top priorities via draft/FA (i wanted decastro, but I am way happier about what we got instead). When I stated that hangman is NOT a starting quality guard, I received endless amounts of vicious flaming. Look the dude got CUT from buffalo, and they have plenty of cap space to keep him as a backup. I love hangman as a backup, but he's just not... stout enough to start.

Travelle was decling and not worth the money. I'm not giving up hope on Hangman just yet. Last week was not a confidence builder for Hangartner but I think he was solid last year. PFF had him rated as the 10th best RG last year that started at least 75% of the time. 11th of 29 if you go to 50% of snaps played.

That being said if Bell and Silatolu continue to improve Hangartner will be the weakest link on our o-line.

#29 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Travelle was decling and not worth the money. I'm not giving up hope on Hangman just yet. Last week was not a confidence builder for Hangartner but I think he was solid last year. PFF had him rated as the 10th best RG last year that started at least 75% of the time. 11th of 29 if you go to 50% of snaps played.

That being said if Bell and Silatolu continue to improve Hangartner will be the weakest link on our o-line.

Oh I was all for cutting wharton, I was just stating that we'd be in deep trouble if hangman is the best guard we can field. I'm fine with him being out there on the field, he's not bad, but he's no stud either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com