Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defense key in on Kalil ?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

We keyed on Kalil. He basically lets us know when you are actually snapping the ball... although it is entertaining to see Cam Newton clapping in the backfield.

Posted

The center for the Steelers (Pouncey) bobs his head 2 or 3 times before he snaps the ball. He's been doing that since he was at Florida.

Posted

I use to do it when I played Center in middle school!

Posted

The fact that Hangartner hits Kalil to signal when to snap (as do many guard/center combos around the league) is probably a nice tell as well.

Posted

Yea, who would ever expect a center to hike a ball in football?

Posted

We keyed on Kalil. He basically lets us know when you are actually snapping the ball... although it is entertaining to see Cam Newton clapping in the backfield.

he chews gum too - clapping and chewing gum ........ hmmmmmmmmmm

Posted

I didn't see This game but If it's the same movement he did in preseason games i know why they do it.

Normal under center the cadence dedicate the snap. Now If they in shotgun and use a silent count( means the centre Will snap When line calls are made) to help the oline because there is no benefit of knowing the snap count they time the head movement And snap. So twist head count 1-2 snap. This ofc only works if you don't do it on :

All snaps,

Always Same rhythme

Always on The first head twist.

Else the d-line will jump the snap.

(sometimes Also used in a out games in a loud stadium)

P.s

Pouncy did indeed do it at Florida already Also in the championship game! Where This was Also explained.