Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

2013 draft prospects

155 posts in this topic

Im biased with the gators, but ive got dude love for Matt Elam. Dude is athletic, covers well, plays the run great and hit likes a ton of bricks. Also has attitude that this defense needs. If he comes out this year, I dont know if the front office pulls the trigger on a safety top 5-10. We need CB, S, OL, DT, WR not particularly in that order.

Have to say I'm pretty discouraged knowing that this team has about 5-6 legitimate holes in its roster, and we couldn't possibly fill them all in one draft. It'd help immensely if this front office, or whoever's in charge come next year, actually goes out and signs a REAL free agent who's startling caliber at a position that actually needs improvement and isn't a luxury or another running back. That way we wouldn't have to rely on a fifth round rookie to start and hold down one cornerback spot, nor would we be reduced to finding (hopefully) capable defensive tackles on the waiver wire after training camp every year.

It's time the front office actually took a risk and invested some talent in the DT position, much like they pulled the trigger on the first round quarterback, and also opened up their wallet to find a starting defensive back.

Dashon Goldson has been on the market the last two years... Havent seen one psuedo inquiry the Panthers have made toward him... He might be too coordinated.

Goldson would be perfect, but too perfect for us to actually pursue him. Like Jonathan Joseph a few years ago.

Alex Okafor DE Texas. 2nd week he made my list. applied pressure all night, and is the complete DE. 3 tackles 2 sacks and 2 FF. made a nice strip sack on the goal line for a TD.

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St. has been an under the radar prospect all season. nice size CB that had 3 ints vs Washington St. locked up Marquess Wilson and 2nd day prospect, might have played himself into the 2nd round.

Stedman Bailey WR WVU.another guy i highlighted last week has good quickness off the LOS. was locked up all night vs another day 2 prospect Bynum CB for Texas. but still had 8 catches 75 yards and 3 TDs.

Star Lotulelei DT Utah.dominate performance. commanded a double and still pushed opponents into the backfield. had 3 tackles 1 for loss. and recovered a fumble,after blowing up the center who is the #1 center prospect in the nation.

Matt Elam S Florida. didnt fill the stat sheet, but flew around the field and had pretty good coverage all day. made a game changing play when he took a good angle and hawked down a guy with legit 4.4 speed to not only make a tackle but force a fumble.

Keenan Allen WR Cal. didnt watch the game but had a pretty good stat line vs a decent CB for UCLA. 8 catches for 79 yards and 2 TDs.

I hope we can sign a couple free agents this year so we don't have to completely build through the draft without a third round pick

If we were in a position to draft him, I wish Clowney would come early. Hed come in really raw, but I detest with every cell in my body the thought of a prospect like that going to another team.

week 7 match ups

Texas vs Oklahoma

UNC vs Da U

Bama vs Mizzou

Stanford vs Notre Dame

Utah vs UCLA

Oregon st VS BYU

USC vs Washington

South Carolina vs LSU

Tennessee vs Miss St

Texas A&M vs Louisiana St

WVU vs Texas Tech. Tech defense was being good until last weekend.

I'll take Mingo, Lotulelei, Montgomery, Terrance Williams, Eric Reid, Milliner, or TJ McDonald