Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checklist for truck that's been sitting for 9 months

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Put some miles on it. Vehicles don't like to sit up. Get everything moving and operating again, check switches, buttons and lights. You'll know if something's wrong after you put some miles on it.

Posted

I've had mine for about ten years now, runs great. Keep in mind Dodge trucks have had problems with their trans over the years.

Posted

You might also want to check the tires, hoses, and belt to ensure none are dry rotted or cracking.

Posted

I'm no mechanic but i have a 04 Dodge Dakota SLT, it hasn't sat for any extended amount of time, and the motor also does that weird high low thing after a few minutes, donno why...never had a problem outta the truck its been great so it might just be something that dodge's of that year did i donno...

Posted

I'll give you $2500 for it and you won't have to worry about doing anything else to it or it breaking down on you down the road.

Posted

take the dead hookers out of the back and check it closely for hidden compartments full of drugs!

I take it you did a lein check etc? I'm always cautious when a deal is too good to be true and this sounds too cheap

Posted

I'm no mechanic but i have a 04 Dodge Dakota SLT, it hasn't sat for any extended amount of time, and the motor also does that weird high low thing after a few minutes, donno why...never had a problem outta the truck its been great so it might just be something that dodge's of that year did i donno...

Does it have an idle air control valve? My mustang was doing that and that's what it was

Posted

Make sure the fluids aren't empty. Especially the gas.