Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So you want a new GM huh?..Check this out and maybe you'll reconsider.

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Ah the old 'It could always be worse!' argument.

Truly the American Dream.

The only argument that is worse is the "You're not a real fan/Find another team" one

Posted

So AZ and Cincy are the only teams in the NFL who have kept someone around longer with a worse win %?

3 people like this

Posted

I'll take the Giants' percentage 50% but they have 2 Super Bowls in last few years

Posted

Meh... 2 weeks ago I saw a lot of "this could be the best draft ever, etc." I week goes by and those same people want Hurney gone b/c he is worst GM ever? Just have to ignore a lot of these ppl..

Posted

at the end of the day... trades and proven vets through FA could really make a big difference. If they drop some weight at the end of the season, then I expect us to just continue to be the "Potential" team of the NFL. That doe not win games! Personnel moves are very necessary and young isn't always the answer. It retarded that Peppers is not here now! How crazy is that!

Posted

Meh... 2 weeks ago I saw a lot of "this could be the best draft ever, etc." I week goes by and those same people want Hurney gone b/c he is worst GM ever? Just have to ignore a lot of these ppl..

I think this draft has the potential to be one of the best all around we have had.....

Hunrey's last couple have still been utter poo.....outside him being allowed the #1 overall

Posted

Yes, I want a new GM.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate GM threads. I despise them with a pure passion of unbridled loathing.

Not one of you know jackshit about what goes into assembling a team. It's like complaining about how your hamburger tastes funny and the cow must have been totally retarded to screw up your sandwich when you're eating it off a steaming pile of manure in a back alley behind the burger joint.

For God's sake, you can't change anything about any of it so just stop it already.

Posted

thats A LOT of writing to say we should be content with a GM who helped produce 49% wins

Posted

Not one of you know jackshit about what goes into assembling a team.

And this makes us different from Hurney in what way?

2 people like this

Posted

there are 2 division rival GMs ahead of Marty based off your research but yet we should be content that their is no one better.

While it sucks that we have 2 of the very best in our division, you can't use that as justification to hire a new one.That strategy has not worked for the Bucs so far. Also the Falcons had to go through some hardships themselves before they found Dimitroff.

Look at it this way out 63 different GM's in the last 10 years,Hurney has proven to be the 12th best at worst. This puts him inside of the top 20%.

In addition an argument can be made that Hurney has had the least talented coach of every GM ranked above him. While he is responsible for hiring the head coach, I don't think Fox can use lack of talent as his reason for his demise here. 2010 was a lame duck year(Jerrys decision, so if you credit Fox that year back then you must for Hurney as well).

Right now he gets a do over with Rivera. If this combo sucks then we have nothing to lose by parting ways with Hurney. If this combo comes out does well then we have quite a lot to lose. Lets give this combo 2 full seasons and then see where were at.

I just think if we replace Hurney things will get worse before they get better. I think this current roster is on the brink of something and no point in starting over with an unproven GM at this point.

Posted

So AZ and Cincy are the only teams in the NFL who have kept someone around longer with a worse win %?

On the flipside their have been 4 hired Dimitroff,Reese,A.J Smith(hired in 03) and Ted Thompson out 63 who would have been a proven upgrade over Hurney.Unless you want Angelo and I'd pass.

Thats a 0.6% chance that we will find someone better.Good luck with that.