Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Grades - Saints at Panthers

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Zod, what would you give Greg Schisno and that call at the end of the Giants game?

Posted

i hate that this might be necessary...but maybe start sending text messages to ticket holders telling them to treat it like a golf game when we have the ball but get loud when the other team has the ball. maybe have some people with signs like this around the stadium when we've got the ball...

St_Jude_Golf(3)_t607.JPG

Paddles.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Section 104 fans were pretty crappy. I think the wave started in 105, I'm ashamed to say. It was during a tv timeout, though. As for that 4th down play, an option pitch was the wrong call. Blame the fans all you want, but Tolbert or Cam falling forward picks up that inch.

Posted

I swear if I was there I would be the loudest dude in the stadium!

1 person likes this

Posted

The natural urge for a fan leading up to a big play is to yell and scream. I've done it just like many others. It doesn't make you a bad fan, just an ignorant one. Eventually I learned that when the home team is on offense, the intelligent thing to do is STFU. Go crazy when we get the first down or touchdown or whatever. But it is a fact that the offense is at a disadvantage when the crowd is going nuts and they are struggling to hear the QB.

Posted

Hey Zod, what would you give Greg Schisno and that call at the end of the Giants game?

Busch League

Posted

Yeah Panther fans have a problem with making too much noise when the offense has the ball. But the Bears, with one of the oldest and most established fan bases in existence, also have the same problem. Fans in general are pretty dumb.

Posted

Coaching - A.

Nice recovery from a bad game plan that was taken out of their control last week. Our second half adjustment with Anderson lining up of Graham not giving him an easy release and we got great pressure with the front 4. This is a game we can build upon.

Posted

Easy.. I was there. I wasn't stating they know how to fill their stadium, I was saying they know how to act when their team is on the field. Sorry if I didn't clarify that better. It wasn't half empty either... it was about 3/4 filled, which still sucks, but not half.

They were quiet on the Bucs offensive plays, and extremely loud on defensive plays. That was the only thing I was saying they did better than us, because I've been to both places, and BofA is loud no matter which side of the ball we're on. Like Zod said, it can be a hinderence to our guys.

Yeah the wave on offense is one of my pet peeves. Then again all the Panthers would have to do is use the sign banner running along the stadium between the first and second level and say quiet on offense or get loud when we are on defense. If you want our fans to be educated then teach them how to act. Fans aren't born knowing the rules. Most other venues tell the fans when to get quiet and when to get loud. Bobcats and the Checkers surely do. Blame the Panthers for part of that too.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah the wave on offense is one of my pet peeves. Then again all the Panthers would have to do is use the sign banner running along the stadium between the first and second level and say quiet on offense or get loud when we are on defense. If you want our fans to be educated then teach them how to act. Fans aren't born knowing the rules. Most other venues tell the fans when to get quiet and when to get loud. Bobcats and the Checkers surely do. Blame the Panthers for part of that too.

Completely agree. It's not just the fans' fault on this... they did a good job of "coaching" the crowd at Ray-Jay. I'd like to see BofA have some sort of sign going for when to be quiet on offense, and when to blast the decibel meters to hell and back on defense. Would make for more of a community experience for everyone.

Posted

I hate Steelers fans and Ben but their stadium does have a thing that goes up on the Jumbo tron saying "Quiet Ben at Work" while on offense. Maybe the panthers could have something like that.

Posted

just a couple comments... I don't understand why after almost 20 years of NFL in Charlotte, the fans don't understand that when the offense is on the field, it should be quiet.

Next... I don't understand how some rain could keep a REAL fan from going to the stadium....