Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think a Thursday Night win could be a franchise turning point

64 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember a nationally televised game on a Monday night back in 2008. I remember us destroying Tampa'sBay and Monte Kiffin's "Tampa two" defense. I remember thinking it was a turning point. It was, but in the end that was the gateway game to us getting the number 1 draft pick. "

So in a way I guess it was a franchise turning point. :mellow:

Posted

I don't care about sticking points of which game (NY, Atl) are bigger. Heck they're all big. And I want the next two wins. It would put us in the drivers seat. Now that New Orleans has been captured by our boys we can fug anyone in the NFC up. We have Cam Newton. The time is now. The future is now. If its on the schedule, win it. I want to be 3-1 and rock out with our **** out

2 people like this

Posted

It's going to be a huge game this year for us. But it's not going to be a franchise turning game. Winning the Super Bowl is a franchise turning game.

If we pull this off this and next week vs the Failcons, Panthers Nation is gonna be crazy more than ever.

Posted

I hesitate to place too great of an importance on a single game in the first 1/4 of the season.

Posted

i'd like to think that yesterday was a watershed moment for the franchise. they learned how to finish. now they have to not forget and just keep building on it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just want a winning record god dammit

Posted

if we win it's because we hit our turning point yesterday against the saints.

2 people like this

Posted

I think we have a good shot at winning. If we give Cam the time he needs we'll be good.

Posted

well, i uncharacteristically let myself get to 'up' on the season with the opener and consequently had a meltdown. No more.

Beating the SB champs, from a large market, at home would be huge for this team and its fan base. It isn't about the media, it's about the players and the fans who try, disapointment after disappointment, to beieve in them.

I think it's best said by John Madden: 'big time players make big time plays in big time games'.

...and Bill Parcells: 'you are what your record says your are'.

Simple phrases that tell the truth.

I guess we will find out how many 'big time' players we really have and if we are what our record says we are.

Posted

Look at the week 1/2 stats of our secondary against teams' #1/#2 WRs... Bradshaw is banged up right now.

Coughlin is all Schianoed...

We can't let this opportunity go to waste. Punish Eli.

Posted

I see the OP point of view. We are in a position to come out on National TV and make a statement. The league will then see the Panthers are for real. Cam Newton will be around for the next Decade ruling the NFC South.

I just hope we don't come out flat. It could define Ron Rivera as another defensive head coach that could never keep the consistency (a la John Fox).

Posted

It would also put us at 2-1, the first winning record for Cam and Rivera.

2 people like this