#1 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Everything I have seen on ESPN this morning about the game is people just making up every excuse possible for the Saints for why they lost. New coaches, and other distractions. They seem to refuse to give the Panthers some credit for playing a good game. At least from what all I have seen.

It also bothers me that Merrill Hoge said that the Panthers coaches did a good job in the game helping Cam by giving him plays that he can run because you usually he sucks apparently. He just isn't on RG3's level yet according to ESPN and they'll go to all extremes to prove it. Even putting up side-by-side numbers from the 2's first 2 games to prove RG3 is better. Sorry for this rant. I hate ESPN. blahh

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

i don't watch espn. too much stupid over there.

the 'W' is all that matters. it's up to the panthers to make everyone forget about the saints now. panthers have to keep on winning. this next couple games will be huge for us if we come out with wins. if we can do that then everyone will be talking about the panthers because the giants and the falcons are considered very strong right now while a lot can be pinned on the saints just lacking in leadership where they need it. they've got that built in excuse.

#3 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

This is a short week. Saints are irrelevant. All I got is New York on my mind. We've done nothing, proven nothing. A loss to New York puts us back in the hole. We gotta stay hungry, we gotta defend the home turf on a national stage.

#4 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Yep beat the Champs, ESPN has to talk about us even begrudently

#5 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

ESPN is not a news outlet. They are an entertainment operation. 0-2 Saints is a more compelling story line than 1-1 Panthers. Especially considering how much Bounty Gate was a part of the offseason.

#6 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

ESPN is unwatchable. The fact that they have already forgotten about Cams record breaking season last year is amazing. RG3 has been annointed after 2 games. He is good, but not even close to Cams level yet.

#7 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

They only broadcast what they know people will listen to.

#8 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

What will be the next record RG 3 breaks on ESPN? Swear they are making crap up now.

#9 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

A lot of folks in the media - for wherever reason - just don't like Cam. I think part of it is because so many people felt Cam wasn't worth the #1 pick and when he got it, they wanted Cam to prove they were right. Secondly, I think it doesn't help Cam that he plays for a SMALLER market with less media attention. D.C. is a BIG market and they have a lot riding on RG3 being a superstar which is why you see so much attention towards him. Just look at Dallas. If you think Romo with how he plays now would get the same media attention if he was in, let's say, St. Louis, you're crazy! The Cowboys and the media can't afford for Romo to "not-be" a star and that is why he's shoved down your throat 24/7 on the NFL Network and ESPN.

#10 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

This is a good reason for the Panthers to destroy the Giants and shatters ESPN dreams a litle more.

#11 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,415 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

ESPN is very much a credible source for valuable pro football insight and perspective. Right now Ice Cube is breaking down the action from the weekend, and he's already said pissed off, brain fart, and 'kick they asses mayne.'

#12 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

RGIII will probably break Cam's rushing record for a QB. Redskins been trying to mimic Cam's success every step of the way. Giving RGIII plays he is comfortable with and allowing him to use his athleticism. Winning Method. So yeah, ESPN will hype what they can. If you want news or anything worthy of a fan... Don't watch ESPN? Seriously SkySports was giving me better coverage during breaks than anything here...

#13 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have watched both skins games and RG3 is throwing screen passes the majority of the games which is just inflating his numbers making him look like he is all world. I agree he is still got a ways to go till he is on Cams level i even seen him look a little flustered yesterday but they made it sound he like he played flawless, hell it was clear Bradford outplayed him yesterday but you dont hear anything about that. Fact is they hyped him before he came in so there gonna stick to it regardless, so everybody can say they were right at the end of the day. Thats how it works.

#14 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I don't think it is a market size reason bc Luck is in a small market. I think it us more of the fact that Cam is yesterday's news. People already know he is a stud so it isn't a shocking story any more.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

lol.....nfl.com has Cam up on their main page with the title Re- Emerging Star.....

One week one game game apparently was enough to make his disappear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com