Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Did Anybody See This Munnerlyn Article?

36 posts in this topic

That is captians chip on his shoulder..he is a fighter who is scrappy. He didnt say the coaches are terrible and he is disgruntled..he is a fighter and has to have a starters mentality or he would never even would have been a starter in the SEC.

Rivera has created, with a full offseason, a team full of players who fight for their jobs and make plays count.

Even Deangelo started to fight in week 2 where he usually takes 4 games to get into it(love him to death but I think Deangelo has a general passive happy go luck personality where he eases into the season..the last few seasons)

It took Vinny Testerverde to get him to work hard in the offseason and work on his conditioning..no one in 2010 or the lock out season(Clausen?!Fox?!)

Makes me like him even less. Sounds like he'd rather be starting on a terrible defense than playing just about the same number of snaps for a much improved defense. Sorry this isn't 2010-2011, Captain.

I don't get it. If I were in his shoes, I think I'd rather be a good #3 corner than an abysmal #2. It's not like he is ever going to get #2 money anyway.

Picking off Peyton as a member of the Falcons?

Terrell McLain was picking off manning for the falcons? Wow maybe we shoulda kept him around.

SMH

Wonder what the coaches think of him saying we don't have any gunners.

Terrell McLain was picking off manning for the falcons? Wow maybe we shoulda kept him around.

SMH

No but Robert Mcclain did...

He didn't say a first name just a last, and this being a thread about corners I assumed he meant Robert the CB.

Wonder what the coaches think of him saying we don't have any gunners.

If we didn't need Captain to play gunner, then why is he playing gunner? He's just saying that gunner is a role where he's needed, so his focus should be on playing that position. I don't see how his statement is equal to "Colin Jones sucks, so they need me to be gunner." Must everything offend you? You're so delicate.

Guys when is it a bad thing that a guy doesn't want to be a back-up? I love it when guys want more! I am not a Capt fan but I like what he said. We need to have guys who don't want to just relinquish their position without a fight!!

i like captain, hopes he gets a starter job if not here somewhere else

Reporter: "So Captain, how do you feel about losing the #2 spot to a rookie and moving to Nickle and special teams play?"

Capt: "Man, I love it, it's great. Less responsibility and less time on the field means more chilling on the bench. I'm happy!"

cut the next day.

1 person likes this

I think he will be gone after this year anyway, reality is where better off just drafting a new nickel guy or somebody to replace gamble in the future rather than give him a new contract. Especially if they choose to give Hogan one more shot as well.

Him talking to the media like that will get his ass cut, before he gets cut for playing horribly. Hurney does NOT like guys who air out poo like that. Colin Jones is a better gunner than him, so I don't even know where that comment came from. Shut your midget ass up and do what the coaches ask of you.

Reporter: "So Captain, how do you feel about losing the #2 spot to a rookie and moving to Nickle and special teams play?"

Capt: "Man, I love it, it's great. Less responsibility and less time on the field means more chilling on the bench. I'm happy!"

cut the next day.

False dichotomy. There is a middle ground, which would be an answer like "I'm going to work my butt off to get back into the starting spot." He didn't say anything like that, he just whined and then insulted our gunners.