49 replies to this topic

#31 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Its gonna be cool when Cam gets his own shoe line like LeBron, if were talkin at this rate pretty much inevitable

#32 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Jerry Rice probably knows more about Steve Young (good & bad as a QB) than anyone. So for him to say this means something.

#33 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

he said Cam has a stronger arm specifically. Said he throws a tighter spiral.

#34 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

i mean the guy is considered to be the best player ever in the NFL (or at least one of the best to have ever played the game) and he's played with 2 legit HoF QBs and says that cam is better than one of them.

sorry...i'm not going to feel bad agreeing with him rather than the "tap the brakes" guys.

Agreed. I don't understand the pessimism, all Carolina fans should be giddy as fug that we landed a guy like Cam. Especially after what we experienced with a broken down Jake and Pickles.

Most other teams in the league would kill to have someone like Cam to build around, but we got him.

It's not going to cause any harm in having nothing but the highest expectations for your team and QB, we are fans after all. If poo doesn't pan out then you can come back and say, "I told you so" later on down the line, but me personally... I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show while it lasts and enjoy every second of it until that Lombardi is firmly holstered up in the Queen City.

#35 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

I still haven't seen a source, a google search shows nothing.

where is the source OP

#36 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I won't lie, Hodge, Rice, and Stephen A. Smith love them some Cammy Cam juice. The rest of ESPN.......seem to not like him or our team so much.

#37 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I love how Cam has converted a lot of "Cam haters" by getting to their kids. This seems to have happened a lot.

#38 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,728 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I should hope he's better than Steve Young. Steve Young is so old.

#39 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

typical falcons fan: doesn't realize they are a historically worse franchise than we are.

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,808 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

#41 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I love me some Jerry Rice

#42 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

first off, Steve Young is an asshole. Yea he was awesome at football, but that guy trully sucks at everything else.

Cam Newton is 23 years old and is treading in unprecedented waters. Having everything a pro QB would want or need to be the best, along with the charisma and confidence to not buckle under the growing pressure of everyone having his number.

Just last night my girlfriend comes home and the first thing out of her mouth was "im SO excited for tomorrow night!"... I was shocked she even knew the Panthers were playing. She then says "I used to not care about the Panthers, but for some reason I do now. Maybe its Cam that I like, or maybe because they are relevent again."

What Cam has done to this team and fanbase in one year is incredible and I can understand why Jerry Rice would take him over Young... Either way, I think Marty and the suits need to be thinking extension after this year and ultimately give the kid anything he wants.

#43 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I still haven't seen a source, a google search shows nothing.

where is the source OP

It was just on ESPN when they were talking about the panthers vs giants. I'm at work so I can't really go find a video of it.

#44 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Killa Cam future GOAT

#45 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Never understood the hate that Jerry Rice had for Steve Young. Every time he gets asked "Would you take ______ over Steve Young?!" He always seems to answer that he would take the other guy. The lack of respect Young got from the San Fransisco area while he was playing, is no comparison to the lack of respect that Jerry Rice has for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.