Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Read this very bad thing about Rivera

48 posts in this topic

Posted

i'll give them the rest of this year before i start passing hardcore judgement. as much as it's tempting to make knee-jerk conclusions we just don't have a large enough body of work with varying factors to make a truly informed analysis.

i am worried so far though.

1 person likes this

Posted

are people forgetting how many of those losses were close games?

How many of those close games were losses?

1 person likes this

Posted

blah blah blah cry cry blah and cry some more

I clearly stated I am not throwing in the towel, but asking him to get his poo together is far from crying.

Posted

How many of those close games were losses?

6 of our 10 losses were by one possession. I think. Well, that's what I got tattooed on my taint anyways.

Posted

6 of our 10 losses were by one possession. I think. Well, that's what I got tattooed on my taint anyways.

I dnt care. In this business it's all about winning. It's not about how close you lose by.

I'd rather take an ugly win than a pretty loss. Wouldn't you?

Posted

Well, I mean if you can't beat established teams as a rookie HC at the helm of a previously 2-14 team with a rookie QB coming off a lockout then what good are you?

Remember when the Skins went 1-15 in Gibbs first year?

He's faced 3 rookie head coaches. Guess what he's 0-3 against them.

Leslie Frazier-Minnesota

Mike Munchack- Tennessee

Greg Schiano- Tampa

1 person likes this

Posted

It's pretty obvious he does not know how to prepare for a game. If he's 0-3 against rookie QBs, that means they have no film to go by. He's on the hot seat officially IMO along with the whole damn staff and that god awful special teams coach.

Posted

While I don't think the book is written on him yet, I think we are learning why he went through so many head coach interviews before getting one. The bad part is even if he does a poor job the rest of the way, I think JR will give him another shot and McDermott will he used as his (and Marty's) scapegoat.

If it doesn't work out with Ron, I think the team needs to look at an offensive minded coach and bring in a capable defensive coordinator.

Posted

I made this revelation earlier and posted it in another thread but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it. fug me..I have been one of his biggest supporters and won't throw in towel this early but motherfuger Rivera...get your poo together!

We beat 5 unique teams last year. The buc's(fired Raheem Morris). The Colt's(fired Jim Caldwell) The Jag's(fired Del Rio)

We did manage to beat Shannahan(started John Beck who went 0-4 last year). and Kubiak(T.J Yates started) last year.

Then this year we beat the saints with their third string coach.

I've only said the same thing all summer, but it was more of a shot a Hurney.

Posted

Can someone plz give me a list of head coaches who took over losing teams and went to a super bowl in 2 years.....

Posted

yeah Rivera sucks pretty bad. I knew it was a joke hire when I heard it. Only hurney....

Posted

Can someone plz give me a list of head coaches who took over losing teams and went to a super bowl in 2 years.....

How about a list who made the playoffs in the last 10 years?