Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread for Reasonable Discussion...

82 posts in this topic

Posted

Once again, this team has to go back to the basics..... blocking, tackling and making sure the ball is in your hands b4 you start running.

I see the Falcons game as possibly a make or break game for the Catz... they beat em, its back to .500 and maybe all the kinks are ironed out.... they lose and its 1-3, a hole that will be hard to get out of

Yeah, 1 and 3 would be a disappointment, but I believe most of us can live with the losses as long as the team is fighting hard and looks prepared. Atlanta is a good team. We very well may play our best and still lose a tough road game. It just would be nice to see the team play at least close to their potential, and we didn't see that last night.

1 person likes this

Posted

1: stronger coaching/better gameplan

Rivera has to start coaching on the sidelines

2: stop the read option base offense

If cam is so bad at the pro set stick with the pistol

3: work 89 in the slot and over the middle

4: man up on D if we're gonna get beat let's get beat straight up. No more zone d line up Mano y Mano and slug it out. Send the house

5: play with more than just a little enthusiasm.

For the love of god play with some fire!

1 person likes this

Posted

• We need to come in with an actual game plan. We looked lost against the Giants.
  • We need to use the gadget plays for what they are and not as our base offense. Cam threw for over 4000 yards last year. Why are we going to option plays now?

I don't know why but, in Cams first year; it's like we came out to prove that he can throw and run. This year, it's like we want to prove that he can run the option.

I don't think that we have an internal identity. Until we establish that, we won't be consistent.

Posted

-win the turnover battle

-solid line play on both sides of the ball

-pressure on Ryan

-good tackling technique

Thanks Zod for a reasonable thread. Does anyone remember that the current SB champs barely made the playoffs last year? We are a young team. Hopefully these are growing plays. I am not giving up on this team...players or coaching staff.

2 people like this

Posted

Study the Chargers/Falcons game like a map on Sunday. No reason Chud/Rivera can't treat that game like they aren't there preparing for it/calling it. If the Falcons blowout the Chargers, then they should figure out how to adjust by next Sunday.

Posted

Bring the db's up 10 yds closer to the line.

Fine guys 1k for MISSED tackles

Roll Cam out more often. Get him out in space and let him do reads there instead of that lame option.

Realize because your d is not that good that on offense you need to chew up the clock from time to time.

Dont give up on Joe Adams.

Find out why JStew stays hurt. Hire a massage therapist for the guy.

Use more zone blitzes instead of read react within the zone.

Posted

Thanks Zod for a reasonable thread. Does anyone remember that the current SB champs barely made the playoffs last year? We are a young team. Hopefully these are growing plays. I am not giving up on this team...players or coaching staff.

Thats exactly what it is. I mean, lets call a spade a spade, this team wasnt exactly bursting with talent when Rivera took over. We had a LOT of youth and inexperience, both on the field and on the sidelines. Im not excusing the performance from Thursday, but this thing isnt an overnight fix. I think they just need to get back to basics. Leave the gimmicks at the door and just play man up ball.

2 people like this

Posted

Take Beason out of passing plays...put in a real kick returner...(sorry Adams)...let's get a pass rush going....geeezzz...

Posted

1) Blitz Ryan until he can't take a breath without smelling a defender in his face... Playcalling dictate players' attitudes. Are you agressive (imposing your will) or are you conservative (scared to lose).

2) Tackle the ball carrier. Tackle the dang ball carrier!!! We have to be the worst tackling team in the league. Is there a stat for missed tackles being recorded? I'd love to see where we rank if so. If there's a worse tackling team in the league right now, they'll be 0-16 at the end of the season.

3) Chud is getting a little too cute with his play calls. Playcalling dictates attitude. Gadget plays tell me you're not confident in my ability to line up and punch my guy in the mouth, particularly on the first play of the game. Please give Cam a few easy plays early on to get in a rhythm.

Posted

1) oline blocking

2) recognize that if #1 isnt working, we dont need to ask cam to do 7 step drops and get sacked

3) in lieu of #1 failing and recognizing #2 - run more screens and quick slants

Posted

Only one thing, and its pretty simple really. In all three games, our defense has allowed the opening drive of the game to march right down the field and score in quick and pathetic action, and totally take the wind from whatever sails we had. We'd be 0-3 had Godfrey not got lucky and picked sixed Brees...it was the only thing that gave our team a jolt of energy and actually care. If the Falcons win the toss and go right down the field and score a TD and we are already down 7-0 with 11:53 left in the first quarter, then we are screwed. Just get a frickin stop in the first quarter, defense. Thats all we need. We cant play the football we want to play if we are down 10-0 as soon as the game starts, as it has happened all three games already

Posted

The D needs to play press man coverage. I dont care if we give up some big plays. Anything is better then playing with 10 yard cushions and guarneteening every third down is coverted. We know we cant get pressure with the front four. So move them around, overload a side, do a corner blitz, a safety blitz, a delay blitz...soemthing. Im not saying to abandon the zone, but you have to mix it up. Staying in coverage 80% gets you picked apart. Also our players on D have to stay home, they over ran so many plays in the NY game. For us to have a chance against ATL the D has to be argressive yet dissiplinced.

On offense stop being so cute. The read option is great, we cant use it for every run play tho. Also on pass plays, do like the giants, screen slant post, rinse repeat. Or play action fakes to reversing running backs take too long to develop. On a bright side I did see Cam on 4 diff or so occassion make it to the 3rd and forth read. Atl has a fast defense we need quick safe throws, such as slants and screens.