• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just an observation, but does it seem like we run less 2 TE sets this year? Granted, we had shockey and olsen last year, so that was good reason to run them, but it seemed like good things came from that. If we are running as many 2 TE sets this year, are teams paying less attention bc it's now olsen and barnidge? Not advocating for shockey to come back, i think he's done, but I do think the presence of 2 viable pass catching TE's opens up the run and makes the defense more accountable.

#2 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

We need 2 TEs to run a 2 TE set.

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think the offense misses Shockey quite a bit.

Barnidge is literally doing nothing.

#4 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

I really do feel like we need to go back to a more pro style set. We kind of gotten away from it. Last year I feel we did pretty well with Cam under center.

#5 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

We do, but mostly just with Tolbert used as a TE. We probably use 2 TE sets as much as we used to, but with Tolbert, Barnidge and Hartsock filling the role of Shockey.

#6 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

The Patriots ran one of our fancy plays for a lost of like 10yards. LOL

Double pump fake, triple reverse, screen, flea flicker, draw, on two. Oh and don't block the DE, he'll fall for one of the pump fakes.

#7 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

There are no TEs to sign, the Pats have them all: Gronk, Hernendez, Winslow, Shiancoe, and Ballard.

#8 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

We do, but mostly just with Tolbert used as a TE. We probably use 2 TE sets as much as we used to, but with Tolbert, Barnidge and Hartsock filling the role of Shockey.

Barnidge and Hartsock have barely seen the field this year other than on ST's. Barnidge can catch but can't block. Hartsock can block but not catch. Shockey could do both. Use either of the guys this year and the defense knows exactly what to expect from them.

#9 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Yea hopefully we will invest in a FA TE next year cause non of the ones we have besides Olson are working out.

#10 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

We do need a bit more conventional playcalling, especially in tight games. We get too liberal with shotgun passing. Barny can do fine, let him on the field and utilize him a bit. Quit telling defenses to blitz so much, because that is all you do when the vast majority of your offense is shotgun passing plays. Even guys like Peyton, who spend a lot of time in the gun, don't spend as much time each game in it as Cam does. Need to find balance and an identity and we need to do it now while the season is young and we have time to get this ship back on course.

#11 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

2 TEs, 3 TE,s 4 TE,s it wont matter if chud runs gimmick plays for an entire half and doesn't go back to his bread and butter in Olsen until the 2nd half.

#12 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Our option college offense is tired. It was a great thing there for a while...similar to having a hot booty call...but doesn't last forever. It's time we started using some play action and some I Form. DWill is much better in this type of set and Tolbert can be utilized as well. Cam will still be able to escape and run etc.

I hope this ass kicking the Giants handed us made Rivera wake the hell up. He's done too many good things with other teams, for that kind of garbage to happen. It's about that time he steps up his coaching ability and turns it on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.