Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

My wife seems hell bent on moving to chicago...

51 posts in this topic

<------- is jealous of all of you who has teh sugar Mommas!

My wife is stay at home

However much I bitch about being single, fug that.

My sister's boyfriend is dragging her across the country because he has a new job (obviously a much smaller country). Same reasons - he could only get promotions at the Head Office. She's out of a job when they move.

It was basically his way or the highway. Who makes demands like that?

It could be worse... At least you aren't going full Yankee... You never want to go full Yankee...

I'm not reading this thread but all I can tell you is GO. Chicago is ten times better than Charlotte and life is about adventure, not staying in the same mundane place living the same mundane life. Go. Experience something new. Live life. Leave the nest, baby bird.

Been to Charlotte, been to Chicago, and a lot of other places. I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, and have been to Rome, London, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Venice, New York, Los Angeles, Denver and a lot of other places. I love visiting other places, but I definitely don't agree that Chicago is better than Charlotte. Its colder, more crowded, more expensive. And did I say its colder?

I wouldn't mind moving back to Honolulu though. Its still to crowded, but the weather is incredible.

Some people like cold weather.

IMO, it's all about culture. I put 36 years in in the South. Couldn't be happier with my move to NYC. I'm loving life. Life is all about making it exciting and worth every minute. Chicago offers so much more than Charlotte.

I make life exciting by visiting cities like Chicago and NYC while coming home to my quiet corner called Charlotte. I am perfectly happy with it.

1 person likes this

If you go to Chicago you will lose your job on the Huddle, I'm sure Zod doesn't have a corporate HQ's in Chicago....

Probably better titty bars there for the weekly mod meetings, though.

High murder rate

Horrible public schools

High cost of living

And Jay Cutler

Heck, what are you waiting for?

Depends on where you live in Chicago. The suburbs are fantastic. We lived in Crystal Lake (northwest suburb) and the school district was one of the top 5 in the country. But, we paid for it in taxes. My property taxes on my house were over $15k per year (on a $500k house).

Some people like cold weather.

IMO, it's all about culture. I put 36 years in in the South. Couldn't be happier with my move to NYC. I'm loving life. Life is all about making it exciting and worth every minute. Chicago offers so much more

than Charlotte.

It depends on the things that you enjoy doing.

When is the last time you took your girl for a boat ride to a restaurant, had dinner, anchored up in the inlet and watched the moon rise?

All about priorities.

It depends on the things that you enjoy doing.

When is the last time you took your girl for a boat ride to a restaurant, had dinner, anchored up in the inlet and watched the moon rise?

All about priorities.

If only Chicago had a lake.