Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Taharqa

Snoop Lion endorses Obama

111 posts in this topic

But voting strictly within your racial group all your life doesnt huh? Meat cant name 3 black candidates he's ever voted for. He calls me racist and claims I hate white people, but Ive cast ballots for whites before. How many ballots has Meat cast for a black person? 0. Instinct is a mudder fugger.

I honestly don't know. I've only voted once and that was last election. I voted for McCain and voted Republican down the line because I didn't give a crap about local politics and wanted to get out of there. If any of the Republicans were black, then yes, I have voted for black politicians before.

I can tell you this. When my Kentucky Wildcats named Tubby Smith head coach in 1997, I was one of the few who was jumping up and down because I knew we had a good man and I was proud as all get out when he won the title his first year. My Rams were the first team to have a black quarterback, YEARS before Doug Williams, and I cried my eyes out when we lost to the Vikings in the NFCG. I loved watching James Harris throw it deep.

I don't like Obama because I think he's a cocky piece of poo who is hurting us much more than he is helping us at this point. And there are a lot of black leaders who agree with me. Just because white racists agree with me doesn't make me one of them, any more than it makes me part of Louis Farrakhan's posse.

But to you I'm just a white man who didn't vote for Obama therefore I'm part of the KKK.

I can't speak for Meat but I voted for Vernon Robinson in 2006.

i don't know if you're a racist but voting for vernon robinson makes you an asshole

<------------- voted for vernon robinson back in brainwashed religious fundamentalist xenophobic college republican days

also a lot of you assholes need to realize how idiotic it looks when you're accusing someone of blatant racism. why in fresh hell do you think this is an effective tactic? few people actually think they're racist (the ones that do are unabashedly so and will usually take a break from posting on stormfront and let you know to your face.)

truth is everyone has hidden prejudices that often go unexposed for years (or for a lifetime.) this isn't black and white (no pun intended) as an issue. there are a lot of shades of gray. it is not possible to be a racist without being prejudiced, but it is possible to have unconscious prejudices without being a conscious racist.

instead of the cockslapping maybe we should be discussing this in terms of degrees rather than blocky absolutes.

1 person likes this

also a lot of you assholes need to realize how idiotic it looks when you're accusing someone of blatant racism. why in fresh hell do you think this is an effective tactic? few people actually think they're racist (the ones that do are unabashedly so and will usually take a break from posting on stormfront and let you know to your face.)

truth is everyone has hidden prejudices that often go unexposed for years (or for a lifetime.) this isn't black and white (no pun intended) as an issue. there are a lot of shades of gray. it is not possible to be a racist without being prejudiced, but it is possible to have unconscious prejudices without being a conscious racist.

instead of the cockslapping maybe we should be discussing this in terms of degrees rather than blocky absolutes.

Nuanced arguments aren't a mainstay of the tinderbox my friend. It's much easier to make over-generalized and irrational blanket statements.

i don't know if you're a racist but voting for vernon robinson makes you an asshole

<------------- voted for vernon robinson back in brainwashed religious fundamentalist xenophobic college republican days

I said I voted for him phil, not that I would vote for him again I voted for him due to similar circumstances.

Jesus Christ. I think I have become dumber from deciding to read this thread...no offense to anyone of course, haha. But lets get real; arguing over race has got to be one of the more juvenile and trivial topics of conversation out there. Everyone is the same as everyone else at our base level of being and consciousness; period. Saying this person or that person is different/better/worse than anyone else due to "race," parallels an equivalent of judgement based on an individual's clothing or space suit being of different color. Thats how ridiculous it is when you get down to it. The controllers of our society want to pit us against eachother over these non-issues; further enforcing the illusion of division and seperateness. It appears they've done a good job considering a good portion of the entries i've read in here...which is unfortunate. I'm not saying anyone here is racist...but what i am saying is lets all come to the understanding that such conversations are superficial, and should not be egged on...or even happening for that matter. Of course for that to occur, the unaware tribal mindset would have to go, and we would all have to come to the understanding that the issue of race is an illusion...i say how about everyone give that a shot? The arguing over trivial topics that arent even real, wont get humanity anywhere.

Yeah, I always feel dirty when I end up in a race discussion which is why I generally avoid the topic altogether. Unfortunately a comment made in another thread, around the same time that this thread was started, had really rubbed me the wrong way and ,subsequently, I allowed myself to be drug into the discussion.

It happens, haha.

I hope I didnt come off as trying to call anyone out...that in itself would contradict the overall point I was trying to make. I'm just saying lets be better than this, because I know we can. We have a lot of growing up to do, and fast...lets see that it happens.

Yeah, I always feel dirty when I end up in a race discussion which is why I generally avoid the topic altogether. Unfortunately a comment made in another thread, around the same time that this thread was started, had really rubbed me the wrong way and ,subsequently, I allowed myself to be drug into the discussion.

Wow this was a racist comment

1 person likes this

Wow this was a racist comment

Err how so?

I feel like I'm getting trolled.