Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

214 posts in this topic

I don't even remember the Observer going after Clausen like this, who hands down was the worst QB in Panthers history. I guess Clausen gets a pass cause hm, hairdo? Or um, skin color?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but Cam was a #1 overall draft pick and is seen as the face of the franchise now. Plus I don't rememrber Clausen doing any kind of celebrations...not that he was good enough to do any.

If Cam didn't expect things like this to happen, then he's living on another planet. Home town papers generally target high profile players like Cam when the going is tough.

BTW...I think the cartoon is a little much.

I dunno, I thought it was worth a chuckle. If this were a major media market it would be 100 times worse. Look at the pounding Snchez and Cutler take. Comes with the territory.

Sanchez and Cutler aren't in their SECOND year.

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither.

Sanchez and Cutler aren't in their SECOND year.

True. But I think this guy needs the direct approach. Auburn shielded him from criticism during "pay for play-gate". Might as well learn what real life is like early.

Charlotte Observer picks on the pro bowl QB; instead of directing anything at Rivera or Chud, etc. Mcdermott.

B/c no one outside of Charlotte knows who those guys are. Thing is, they want to sell papers. SO it was a smart move. But the newspaper business is a slimy one as a whole. This is brutal

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither.

Are you going to cry yourself to sleep over this?

It's a shame our fan base has to be associated with the decision makers that let this happen.

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither

Bucs Q&A: Is Josh Freeman still a franchise quarterback?

Have a question about the Bucs? Tribune reporters Roy Cummings and Ira Kaufman will answer it. Submit your question now.

Q: Anybody still think Josh Freeman is a franchise/elite quarterback? I think he's just more flotsam left in the wake of the Raheem Morris regime. And to think we traded up in the first round for RaheemMorris's Kansas State "homeboy." Even Vincent Jackson and Dallas Clark seemed disgusted with him during the game. What do you think?

~ Alan, Melbourne

A. Freeman turns out to be mediocre, the Bucs could be in serious trouble for years. He's still young, and he showed tremendous potential in 2010 before regressing last year. He definitely played poorly at Dallas, but Freeman's protection was suspect and I didn't see much separation for his targets. Still, he's got to do a lot better to prompt a long-term contract offer.

~ Ira Kaufman

http://www2.tbo.com/...back-ar-511579/

Just one example.

Charlotte Observer picks on the pro bowl QB; instead of directing anything at Rivera or Chud, etc. Mcdermott.

B/c no one outside of Charlotte knows who those guys are. Thing is, they want to sell papers. SO it was a smart move. But the newspaper business is a slimy one as a whole. This is brutal

Nobody buys newspapers at all much less because of a satirical cartoon.

1 person likes this

Yea but adding to the fire like that after all the criticizim cam has already been receiving this week is pretty weak. If anyone deserved that it should have been one if not all of the coaches.

1 person likes this

They need to sell newspapers

This.