Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#61 GhostofMosul

GhostofMosul

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

gonna laugh my ass off when we blow out the falcons and this cartoon quietly fades away

#62 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Lol@ the one's who hate the kid, trying to justify this bullshit. As far as this "big city's do this all the time" line, stfu. I live in Jersey, the times, the post and the inquirer out in Philly, poke fun and make witty puns, but they don't sabotage their own effort. This is just tasteless.

#63 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

As I said in the other thread. The Observer did not create this cartoon nor does it employ the cartoonist as a staff member. They carry a contract to publish cartoons from this particular cartoonist along with around 500 other publications.

Incorrect. Not only can you see "Charlotte Observer" next to his signature at the top right of the cartoon, Kevin Siers lives in Charlotte and is listed as a staff member of the Observer.

http://www.charlotte...rver.com/staff/

#64 GhostofMosul

GhostofMosul

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Lol@ the one's who hate the kid, trying to justify this bullshit. As far as this "big city's do this all the time" line, stfu. I live in Jersey, the times, the post and the inquirer out in Philly, poke fun and make witty puns, but they don't sabotage their own effort. This is just tasteless.

exactly. why isnt the CO running satirical comics of drew brees sucking at 0-3 or, oh i dont know, any of our other rivals. michael turner's dui would be a good start. if anything - attack the piss poor coaching. not the players who try as hard as they can.

I honestly hope cam gets pissed the fug off and lights up ATL. he needs to go the fug off.

it starts with this dumbass comic, but where does it end? classless move, CO. classless

#65 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Here's his twitter: http://twitter.com/KevinSiers

#66 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

I have faith that Cam pays this no mind

He just made a comment saying I aint giving yall nothing, yall scare me in joking manner at his conference

#67 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

@billvoth FYI: #Panthers pulled Cam from presser before anyone had the chance to ask about comic.1:47pm - 26 Sep 12

Good job by the Panthers PR staff, fug the media.

#68 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

LMAO... Yall are seriously over-reacting ... That pic is funny tho.... Yo Matt Ryan has won every year since he has been in the league... Dude gets blasted.... Cam hasnt won... He is not untouchable... The guy has unbelievable talent but what has he done ? .... Its early in his career so he has time but you guys act like he cant be judged.

#69 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

i lold

#70 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Again, like the article I posted from NFL.com, we didn't see this from Bradford or Eli in their second years.

Well they weren't aspiring icon/entertainers trying to use td celebrations as a marketing ploy and pretending to be flying with their arms spread eagle pregame. Now I'm not wording this as such to rile people up but its what our QB does bottom line...along with getting the team a lot of press. Closest thing comparable is Rogers and he actually did get flack for doing that belt crap plenty before he even won a playoff game.

I'm not defending the cartoon because as someone put it it is childish bs but that childish bs comes with the territory of our situation whether people like it or not. They will turn his self-imaging campaign around on him. It is kinda fugged up being the local media but get over it. I think there is a large amount of fans that don't yet realize what its actually like to have a player like this on their team.

#71 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Incorrect. Not only can you see "Charlotte Observer" next to his signature at the top right of the cartoon, Kevin Siers lives in Charlotte and is listed as a staff member of the Observer.

http://www.charlotte...rver.com/staff/

My mistake.

I saw

Kevin Siers' cartoons are distributed to over 400 newspapers nationwide by King Features Syndicate. He and his wife and son reside in Charlotte.

in the description of the cartoon and never noticed the "Charlotte Observer" next to his signature. Silly me.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte.../#storylink=cpy

#72 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,195 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Again, like the article I posted from NFL.com, we didn't see this from Bradford or Eli in their second years.

Oh, the famous You Can't Have Fun At The Expense Of Your QB In Their Second Year Rule! Someone needs to tell the Observer that ASAP.

MY GOD, I have never seen so many spineless, hillbilly, mama's boys in my life. Give me one good reason why the Observer should suck the teat of every single Panthers player? Right, there is none. They are in the business of putting news online, and in their print edition. They are not affiliated with the Panthers in any way. Just as we like to vent over piss poor games by our team here on the Huddle, the paper's writers have every right to do the same. GUESS WHAT... they do. Why don't you get all upset when they give Cam a bad grade or talk poorly of him in an article? Hell, even Zod would give Cam less than As or Bs in his little game grade post if he played like ass. This just happens to be a cartoon... a "poor performance article" depicted in a drawing. Get a grip. This is what papers do. Forget that thing I wrote at the start, as whomever did their research surely didn't look at every St. Louis and Indianapolis newspaper from years ago. I bet my damn life NY papers thrashed Eli's play when he was a youngin'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have NO connection to Cam. Why do you get so butthurt when someone speaks poorly of him? Is your life that pathetic that you have to latch on to him and this team like he's your own child and the team means the world to you? Do you walk around town with Panthers colors on like some sort of gang member feeling you have to protect your turf? It's sad guys. And you've made me act like you and rant and moan. I won't let it happen again.

#73 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

^^ true, My brother and I were laughing on the train in NYC after the Panthers destroyed the Giants in the playoffs. The pages of the Post and the Daily News were priceless. We thought for sure Coughlin was on his way out.

#74 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Just ignore the trolls, dont respond to them

#75 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

I think some of you guys would be better suited for a Brony convention than a football game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.