#16 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,677 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

because he was cut after one year? whats your definition of 'bust'?

The only reason he was cut is because of Dwan Edwards, that is leagues ahead of McClain. Essentially an Upgrade at the position. How does that make him a bust?

A bust to me is a person that is highly regarded and highly graded that goes early in the rounds of the draft that does not produce in 2-3 years of his employment, he doesn't live up to the standards so to speak.

MaCclain, after one year is not a bust. He was let go for a better product. Dwan has 3.5 sacks and I think 9-10 tackles so far this season. I doubt McClain would produce these numbers this year so far.

He's still young so he can develop. The brass just took a chance on Edwards and it's paying off. The only thing that I do not like is that a 3rd rounder was, for a lack of a better term, wasted on him. That third could have been used for a Safety or Pass Rushing DE that year.

#17 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Because we didn't want McClain, he's a bust.

Huddle displaying its brilliant logic once again.

#18 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,558 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

The only reason he was cut is because of Dwan Edwards, that is leagues ahead of McClain. Essentially an Upgrade at the position. How does that make him a bust?

A bust to me is a person that is highly regarded and highly graded that goes early in the rounds of the draft that does not produce in 2-3 years of his employment, he doesn't live up to the standards so to speak.

MaCclain, after one year is not a bust. He was let go for a better product. Dwan has 3.5 sacks and I think 9-10 tackles so far this season. I doubt McClain would produce these numbers this year so far.

He's still young so he can develop. The brass just took a chance on Edwards and it's paying off. The only thing that I do not like is that a 3rd rounder was, for a lack of a better term, wasted on him. That third could have been used for a Safety or Pass Rushing DE that year.

The fact is that if the Panthers had expected McClain to progress at anything resembling an acceptable rate they would have kept him regardless of picking up Dwan. As it was however, they opted to drop a DT for a DT. The reality is that McClain's value to the team was less than any of the people who haven't received a jersey so far this year.

#19 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

The fact is that if the Panthers had expected McClain to progress at anything resembling an acceptable rate they would have kept him regardless of picking up Dwan. As it was however, they opted to drop a DT for a DT. The reality is that McClain's value to the team was less than any of the people who haven't received a jersey so far this year.

We don't have infinite room on the roster. We wanted 3 QBs, we wanted Armanti because Gettis was injured. There was no room for Dwan, so we cut a DT to bring him on board. Yes, we believed McClain was expendable, but I don't know how people get "bust" from that. No Dwan Edwards and McClain is still on the roster.

#20 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

good thing we kept Armani

#21 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

And he will become a pro-bowler in New England

Ludacris said it best: " you can't turn a ho into a house wife"

#22 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,558 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

We don't have infinite room on the roster. We wanted 3 QBs, we wanted Armanti because Gettis was injured. There was no room for Dwan, so we cut a DT to bring him on board. Yes, we believed McClain was expendable, but I don't know how people get "bust" from that. No Dwan Edwards and McClain is still on the roster.

I realize that we don't have infinite room. However there are a few players that haven't gotten a jersey on any of our three game days. These players aren't on the roster because of depth concerns and they weren't sitting out because of injury. The fact is that we could have kept McClain over any of those players without any noticeable affect to the team, but we didn't because we value them higher than we did McClain. IE, we see their talent or production ceiling as being higher.

#23 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

The day that Belichick signs you is the day before you shed the bust label, typically. (Haynesworth not withstanding)

#24 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

oh boy i can't wait for him to have a sack this week and watch the huddle explode with WHAT THE fug FIRE RIVERA AND HURNEY NOW!!!!!

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

he will have 8 sacks at the end of the season.

This was another head scratcher regarding Marty. There were other players more deserving of being cut.

This is why I laugh hysterically when Marty says the team philosophy is "to build through the draft"

#26 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,297 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ludacris said it best: " you can't turn a ho into a house wife"

Pac said it best...

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

because he will get good coaching

It has been quite a few years since the Patriots had anything even resembling a good defense.

#28 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

The more interesting news would be who did they cut, in order to sign him?..Nevermind it was just an undrafted scrub DT.

#29 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

just because he was by us doesn't mean he can't be a good player. our scheme at this point in time just didn't fit his skillset

#30 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

He will be looking for another team by Week 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.