77 replies to this topic

#31 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

We only play with that attitude when Thomas Davis plays.

#32 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Ron Edwards is old and terrible.

#33 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Their effort to me, from the sitting in my living room crying over our defensive performances so far, has looked like a unit who expected to be bad. They're not hitting like they think they can win any battles and they're not following through like they think it will do any good.

Obviously there are exceptions but that's my overall impression.

#34 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Typical of this franchise to maintain the status quo after a terrible season and hope things will get better.

#35 cranky

cranky

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLocust, NC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Of all the issues this team has. Chico's "stoic" attitude is about as important as how fuging short the grass is cut.

I disagree. I think it all starts with Chico's attitude and displaying a "stoic" attitude gives the impression of a lack of urgency and his lack of aggression on the sidelines is reflected through the players on the field.

A teams identity always starts with the HC.

#36 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

I don't look at it as stoic, I see it as lost and confused

#37 Bswcr

Bswcr

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

nothing to say

#38 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

I disagree. I think it all starts with Chico's attitude and displaying a "stoic" attitude gives the impression of a lack of urgency and his lack of aggression on the sidelines is reflected through the players on the field.

A teams identity always starts with the HC.

I am still up in the air over it....

But if that is the case....how do you explain those San Diego defenses and Chicago defenses.

#39 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

But if that is the case....how do you explain those San Diego defenses and Chicago defenses.

It could be that managing the whole team is too much for him while coordinating a unit without all the administrative stuff is his forte.

#40 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Obviously it was Lovie Smith and Norv Turner yelling at everyone that got those D's to perform.

#41 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

If that doesn't do it, nothing will...

I also wish Rivera would chew their asses and spit them out.

I agree, but you might want to be carefull with that thought. I called for a coach to show emotion on the sideline and I got blasted for it. pantherclaw might get angry again because he feals that "as a grown man, having another grown man yell, scream, cuss, doesn't do anything to inspire me, or show me that he is a true leader of men."
I personally feel that you get what you allow. Rivera may be more vocal in the lockerroom or at practice, but at times, it's needed on the sideline. Kinda like raising kids, you can discipline them at home, but sometimes they WILL test you outside of the home. A quick, deliberate response to show your stance works best. Yes you can wait, but it's less effective.

#42 cranky

cranky

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLocust, NC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

SD was only good for 1 out of his 3 years as DC and Chicago is just as good without him as it was with him which leads me to believe their success had more to do with the system and players than anything he did.

The problem with the Panther's D right now is they need strong direction and I just don;t see them getting it.

I can't help but think the Rivera's first mistake was not hiring a strong DC - or at least someone who had a proven track record. All he got with McD was someone who had already failed in his one attempt.

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

couple comments from chris harris that echo that of others who rivera coached...

"Rivera is a well-respected guy by all of us here in Chicago," Bears safety Chris Harris, a former Panthers player, told The Charlotte Observer. "He's a guy who will demand respect. He's a great communicator. Wasn't a huge yeller, but he got the most out of all his players.

"He treats all his players like men while demanding respect without having to be an in-your-face kind of guy.

#44 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Both Losses this year have come down to coaching not players. We are basically the 49ers of yesteryears.

#45 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

It's not attitude, coach's facial expressions, or the angle of the blade on the mower. It's talent, and we are devoid of it at the DT position and for the most part at the DE position.

Hurney does not value the DT position and has no idea how to draft, acquire, or hire coaches that create said pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.