98 replies to this topic

#31 MikeMGM

MikeMGM

Triple Lindy

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

The odds of us getting the 1st at the end of the game were probably twice as high as the odds of us stopping them from getting a field goal. We would have stopped a touchdown but a field goal seemed like a given. You have to adjust and tailor calls to what you have to work with. It's not happening.

#32 Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Gazing In The Mirror

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Rivera (or Chud, or both) seem so terrified that our offense is going to make a mistake and lose us the game that they go into a shell at the end of halfs or with the lead. We had a good offensive flow in the first half, and sat on it to get to halftime. We were 1-2, had a 4th-and-1, in Atlanta territory, to put the game away at the end, and we punt. Knowing our secondary is the worst in the NFL. I would trade Rivera for Fox today.

#33 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Not that I don't agree we should have gone for it. because I do. But if we did go for it and failed, many of you guys would be blaming him as well for not punting the ball.

So we would have lost either way? Who does that fall on?

#34 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,447 posts

Lol OMG man

All he do is just stand there. I am so lost right now lol

#35 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

I dont know who Harbaugh is but heres a pie chart.

#36 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Sinking Ship

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

R u kidding me?

I mean we just took alt to the wire @ their house.

You people amaze me, It is improvement, and we should of had that.

Second year coach against a 4 year old team.

if you guys like fox so much go be a fuggin Broncos fan.

I fully agree. I don't understand all the hate. I thought the team did a great job in a very tough place to play. I would very easily consider the Falcons one of the top 5 teams in the NFL yet people act like we lost to the Dolphins. What I saw today was a team in Carolina that can still make the playoffs and compete at a high level but is still probably another draft away from being a championship team. The biggest issue is our secondary, mostly Norman and Nakamura. I honestly believe Norman will develop as the year goes along, I see lots of positives mixed with a few bad plays. Nakamura is good, but we need to address starting FS next season either through the draft or free agency. Besides that I thought this team looked solid.

#37 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Absolutely. Rivera may have been one heck of a DC, but has struggled to say the least as a HC. I dunno if one can grow into the position and become great or if he will find himself going back to DC as Dom Capers...

#38 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I don't understand all the hate. I thought the team did a great job in a very tough place to play. I would very easily consider the Falcons one of the top 5 teams in the NFL yet people act like we lost to the Dolphins. What I saw today was a team in Carolina that can still make the playoffs and compete at a high level but is still probably another draft away from being a championship team. The biggest issue is our secondary, mostly Norman and Nakamura. I honestly believe Norman will develop as the year goes along, I see lots of positives mixed with a few bad plays. Nakamura is good, but we need to address starting FS next season either through the draft or free agency. Besides that I thought this team looked solid.

Its time for Martin to come back. He woulda picked that poo off

Mcdermott is useles, he needs to go and Rivera needs to focus on the D. Chud needs to focus on the O. He should be thinking HC status right now

#39 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Not defending some of the mistakes made today but...

A punt can be a good play.
The other team makes plays too.
It is what it is.

There's your John Fox postgame presser

#40 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I fully agree. I don't understand all the hate. I thought the team did a great job in a very tough place to play. I would very easily consider the Falcons one of the top 5 teams in the NFL yet people act like we lost to the Dolphins. What I saw today was a team in Carolina that can still make the playoffs and compete at a high level but is still probably another draft away from being a championship team. The biggest issue is our secondary, mostly Norman and Nakamura. I honestly believe Norman will develop as the year goes along, I see lots of positives mixed with a few bad plays. Nakamura is good, but we need to address starting FS next season either through the draft or free agency. Besides that I thought this team looked solid.

I dont know what game you were watching but I saw a game the players won and the coach lost.

#41 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Basically, we have potential...wait until next year...same ole, same ole

#42 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,348 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

yes rivera is very good with moral victories. he should be enshrined in the imaginary football HOF for that, because we always win the "always next year" SB

You are right shoulda had a superbowl ring last year.

I have tried to keep my mouth shut but you new guy sare complete r-tards.

I wish tht this was 2002 when we had 11 fans, because 11 real fans are better than a million jackasses.

#43 bryn10

bryn10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Rivera was horrible ! You have the game won if you pick up the fuging first down. You have a 6 5" qb that weighs 245 and you can't pick up 1 fucing yard !!! Play to win!!! Don't give it back to Atlanta with 1:40 left so they can win it, knowing our D is suspect. Freaking Atlanta has jones and white going against our little safety !!! WTF Ron !!!!!

#44 Glitchh

Glitchh

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

His last couple years here

Wtf is the difference between the two? We mind as well kept Fox

OH PLEEEASE, no one is worse than Fox, no one!!! This is deadbeat Hurney's team, RR has the job of trying to make it work, no easy task given so little was done to fix the secondary, clearly the weakest spot on last seasons defense. And ultimately this is Richardson's fault for not replacing both Fox and Hurney, hoping he gets smart after this season and dumps the deadbeat.

#45 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

You are right shoulda had a superbowl ring last year.

I have tried to keep my mouth shut but you new guy sare complete r-tards.

I wish tht this was 2002 when we had 11 fans, because 11 real fans are better than a million jackasses.

uh no

its quite evident to see that rivera has not improved since game 1 last year. he is not the answer and has cost us multiple games already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com