209 replies to this topic

#196 todthebod

todthebod

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

People are still ignoring the fact that Ryan is celebrating within his teammates...AND...people are trying to put words into Ryan's mouth. He's not saying "get off MY field". Which is funny that the op's title of what if Cam yells get off MY field. They are projecting what they feel is already seen by many on and off the field as a ME-first attitude by Cam and expounded through how many freaking articles last week. Ryan didn't say MY field. He said OUR field. Crash on Ryan all you want, but what he did was through his words and celebration was include his teammates and express something that gives team ownership to their house....NOT "MY".

What's sad about this is that people attempted to look into this, as with how many other comparisons, as some legitimization on Cam's attitude. I have exactly no problem with what Ryan said/did (highfiving his teammates). They won...in THEIR house. We want to justify celebrations? Just freaking finish a game.

Plus I think the unusually heated moment from Ryan was because Cam dissed the town of Atlanta by doing the A-town stomp and then the 'no more' sign before the superman shirt thing. Ryan was just taking up for his town. Not taking anything away from either side. I love it. I was about 30 feet from Cam when he did it and started laughing. Everybody else was booing but laughing too. No big deal.

#197 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Plus I think the unusually heated moment from Ryan was because Cam dissed the town of Atlanta by doing the A-town stomp and then the 'no more' sign before the superman shirt thing. Ryan was just taking up for his town. Not taking anything away from either side. I love it. I was about 30 feet from Cam when he did it and started laughing. Everybody else was booing but laughing too. No big deal.

isn't Cam from Atlanta? I mean seriously...

It's amazing how our media can get fans to sit and make so much out of nothing while ignoring what they see in their own mirrors.

#198 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

You're missing the point atl. It was a hard fought win & his emotion got him. No biggie imo...

But reverse the situation (& put it in BoA) & Cam yells that, half the sports shows would be bashing him, calling him immature, classless, etc...

Are they not beating him up over a silly TD dance? You're only telling the truth.

#199 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not comparing Cam to Ron artest but hear me out..... Its just like if Ron Artest does a hard foul and Kobe does a hard foul... Its going to be looked at differently.

I say that because Matt Ryan is known as the Peyton Manning type guy... Not known from anything controversial.... Cam is more new age... Does antics but i still dont think thats why they would say something..... I think they would say something because dude is so hot and cold... Win he is winning he is smiling and having fun like a kid in a candy shop... When he lose.... Dude just act like he the only dude suffering during that lose.... He gotta remember he is a leader.

I the media has a mindset that Cam is immature so they will take things in differently then say if a McNabb did something...... Just using it as an example...

I seriously wonder if some of you folks get your talking points from the media.

Show he a QB who is happy and smiling when their team loses and I'll show you a QB who still gets ripped by the media. They will claim he isn't taking the game serious enough.

Damn if some of these players do and Damn if they don't.

#200 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Mango55 give it a rest. I simply ask a question..Why do you spend so much time trying to turn your QB into someone more suited to your image of a perfect QB but you sit and ignore the immaturity coming from the vets and leaders on this team week in and out?

Don't you think you have your priorities out of order? Shouldn't you be demanding way more from the vets and captains on this team than you do your rookie QB? They are the real leaders of this team. If they aren't doing their job, how do you expect a rookie to do his job. Oh yes, they can do as they please and be immature but you need to break Cam's balls at every turn because the media demands it.

Let's teach Cam a lesson...Let's whip him into shape because he thinks he's this and that because he wears a towel on his head or does a TD dance...In the meantime, the vets and leaders of your team can act five times more immature and do as they please and none of you have much to say about it.

Real leaders lead by example. It's clear the Panthers have no real leaders. Just fans who feel it's their job to break the balls of every QB they get.

Cam is head of a damn sinking ship and all you're concerned with is the media ridiculing him for dancing after getting a TD and wearing a towel over his head. Yeah, you clearly love your team.

I notice you use the word "you" a lot in that post. That would lead me to believe that you're talking about me specifically. But when i read what you write it seems like what you're talking about is some Strawman Panthers fan that embodies everything you think is wrong with America.

Please find all these things I've said is wrong with Cam Newton. I Have zero problem with anything to do with his attitude. As long as it's not affecting his play on the field, and it doesn't seem to be doing so, he can do whatever he wants. The towels just kind of this thing, he wears it winning or losing. But ulike yourself, I Care more about the team than cams personal accomplishments. I would rather he hand off every play and win than get a perfect qb rating and lose.

Cam is the best thing to happen to the panthers since they went to the Super Bowl, but he is far from perfect and still has a lot to improve on.

#201 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I notice you use the word "you" a lot in that post. That would lead me to believe that you're talking about me specifically. But when i read what you write it seems like what you're talking about is some Strawman Panthers fan that embodies everything you think is wrong with America.

Please find all these things I've said is wrong with Cam Newton. I Have zero problem with anything to do with his attitude. As long as it's not affecting his play on the field, and it doesn't seem to be doing so, he can do whatever he wants. The towels just kind of this thing, he wears it winning or losing. But ulike yourself, I Care more about the team than cams personal accomplishments. I would rather he hand off every play and win than get a perfect qb rating and lose.

Cam is the best thing to happen to the panthers since they went to the Super Bowl, but he is far fro. Perfect and still has a lot to improve on.

That truly is who he is talking to. Literally no one has done what he claims yet he still insists on repeating the same false statements in every one of his posts.

#202 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Cam is the best thing to happen to the panthers since they went to the Super Bowl, but he is far from perfect and still has a lot to improve on.

Mango, Cam is a rookie...It goes without saying that he has a lot of growing to do. All rookie QBs do. The question is, why are some on here not allowing him to grow? I more comment on the attitude of the fans on here towards Cam than I do Cam, if you realize that?

No one has been able to answer me the question of, why is there always such extreme scrutiny on Cam. Why does he have to be taught more lessons than anyone else? What's with the constant breaking of his balls as if he's not allowed to be himself.

A Falcon fan was on here defending Matt Ryan. Stating that he's a PC sort of person. If that's his personality then so be it. Why is Cam not allowed to be who he is?

FYI, I watch and cheer for all 32 teams. Yes, I have my favorites but I'm a fan of the game. I'm not a fan who cannot show support for the Panthers and be a staunch Gaints fan.

I guess I'm from the old school of football where we cheer for other teams but cheered hard for our own. I'm also from the school where players were allowed to play and carve their own destiny. Not have others dictate their image and catagorize them. Ths is more of my pet peeve than Cam, to be honest.

#203 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Cam is a rookie? Did I imagine all of last season?

#204 Falcon4life

Falcon4life

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

To be honest, as a Falcon's fan i loved seeing Matt get emotional, but on the outside looking into yall's team. Cam is a d**m good player/quaterback etc. The media doesn't question his morales, they question his leadership. Out of every game when say a Matt Ryan, Tom Brady( Brady cussed the crap out of his OC and went on to WIN a game and people ignored this over time) what i'm tryin to say is, the MEDIA/doubters WANT to see cam not only WIN but OVERCOME setbacks without a towel on his head sulking etc.

I respect Cam, he's dangerous, but he hasn't got the 50 seconds to go, clutch time no give up mentality yet and that's what media personel are raving about

#205 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,362 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Okay, sooooo...lemme get this straight.

A division rival quarterback said "Get the #$@% off our field", trash talking our favorite team after a stinging defeat. This actually happened. It isn't just a theory.

But instead of actually discussing that real event, we've got a dozen or so pages of people speaking hypothetically what might happen if it had been Newton that had done it instead,

Uuuuhhh huh :unsure:

Not going with "screw you Ryan", "you suck in the playoffs", "wait till we crush you next time" or any of that sort of thing. Sticking instead with a big "what if" about something there's no way to actually know.

So...what...should someone go to the Lost and Found and ask about this forum's balls, perhaps?

#206 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Okay, sooooo...lemme get this straight.

A division rival quarterback said "Get the #$@% off our field", trash talking our favorite team after a stinging defeat. This actually happened. It isn't just a theory.

But instead of actually discussing that real event, we've got a dozen or so pages of people speaking hypothetically what might happen if it had been Newton that had done it instead,

Uuuuhhh huh :unsure:

Not going with "screw you Ryan", "you suck in the playoffs", "wait till we crush you next time" or any of that sort of thing. Sticking instead with a big "what if" about something there's no way to actually know.

So...what...should someone go to the Lost and Found and ask about this forum's balls, perhaps?

It's a race thread.

#207 falconidae

falconidae

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

So Cam celebrated by himself in the moment. Who are you to second guess and criticize what he did? why is he did such a big deal to you and or anyone. Is this DWTS or football?

Why are you making so much out of a silly celebration because you didn't like it? You're not answering my question. U're just justifying your own rational.

It's been explained several times- because he ignored his teammates to do HIS celebration- look at the GIF-the Olineman, who helped him get into the end zone, comes up to congratulate him and Cam shakes him off to do his dance.

Whatever happens afterward-giving the football to a young fan, celebrating with his teammates- is lessened because of the "my-celebration-is-more-important-and-will-be-done-first" attitude.

Yeah, we saw how that went...Thanks to over-the-top lyying by the media, Vick spent more time in jail than everyday Joe who treated animals worst. Not saying what he did was right but, the media beatdown was very much uncall for.

No, Media had nothing to do with it. Vick spent time in federal prison for running an interstate gambling ring, not for dog fighting. He served the standard sentence for the crime, anyone else would have gotten the same sentence by federal law.

#208 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I seriously wonder if some of you folks get your talking points from the media.

Show he a QB who is happy and smiling when their team loses and I'll show you a QB who still gets ripped by the media. They will claim he isn't taking the game serious enough.

Damn if some of these players do and Damn if they don't.

I dont want dude happy when losing... Even tho i hate the panthers... I hate even more seeing someone who has the talent to be great not get its more then about him... I like he took the blame for the loss even tho he fumbled that loss was not on him 1% to me.

I just dont like his attitude after a loss... Dont be happy but yo realize... Ok this sh** sucks but let me get my guys together cause we will see them again and this not happening again .... You just like the loss hurts you more then everybody else... Not as the leader... They need you to not be so high or low..... Now if you tell me Cam is not the leader... I have no problem with what he is doing

#209 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

12/09/2012 On Cam's F****** Field

#210 FalconsOwnYall

FalconsOwnYall

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I actually like Ryan better after I saw that. He's pretty much the epitome of PC in all things that he sometimes comes off a sort of a goober. Was cool to see him flip his poo a little.

Us Atlanta fans were extremely gratified that not only did Ryan actually know that f*** was a cuss word, he unleashed it in front of god and everybody. We've all been hoping Ryan possessed a sack and could also muster up an attitude if pushed to the limit. But cereally, I'm not sure he was directing that at the Panther sideline. He might've been screaming at all the clueless idiots at the game wearing Mike "thug-punk" Vick Falcon jerseys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com