For Those Who Flamed Me...

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Will probably flame me again but Cam said exactly what I said in another thread that has seemed to have disappeared or burried and I cant find it. Heres the article stating what he said.

"There's no finger pointing in this game, especially not on this team," Newton said via the Charlotte Observer. "So if you expect me to point somebody out, or do this, if anything you can point the finger at me."
On his last play, a third-and-one where Newton fumbled: "I clearly had the first down, but I have got to hold onto the football. ... I failed."

http://www.nfl.com/n...he-finger-at-me

#2 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

i'm going to go ahead and point the finger at nakamura

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Dude who gives a poo? Fact is if we had an AVERAGE NFL defense, the game wouldn't always come down to what Cam did or didn't do. Of course he's going to take responsibility, its his job.

#4 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

so what do u do? Rivera has punished other players with fumblitis. What kind fo message would it send to the team if he doesn't apply the same rules to Cam. No one one here will agree with me, but I say start Derick Anderson next game. You have to protect the football in this league. That will deffinately send a clear message to the rest of the team that lack of ball security will not be tolerated. If cam was being sacked etc, that would be different, but when u take off running with the ball, you have to protect it.

#5 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

so what do u do? Rivera has punished other players with fumblitis. What kind fo message would it send to the team if he doesn't apply the same rules to Cam. No one one here will agree with me, but I say start Derick Anderson next game. You have to protect the football in this league. That will deffinately send a clear message to the rest of the team that lack of ball security will not be tolerated. If cam was being sacked etc, that would be different, but when u take off running with the ball, you have to protect it.

Great, then I guess we have to bench Steve Smith since he actually lost a fumble yesterday.

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

There is no way we beat Seattle without Cam Newton and Steve Smith (who was pouting after his fumble BTW. Just sayin...)

#7 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Oh, and yeah, let's start a guy who clearly protects the ball well with his lifetime 53 TD to 72 INTs/fumbles ratio

#8 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

That Rivera has lost his freaking mind

#9 whatever

whatever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

that's a great idea. maybe they should bench Steve Smith for fumbling in the same game.

#10 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Did any of you morons think he WOULDN'T say something like this?

Christ.

#11 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,650 posts

I'm not against benching steve smith either. If it was clausen doing this u guys would be firing up the trade clausen threads etc.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,952 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

So now Cam has fumblitis? Um... it was one play... he hit his arm on a falling O lineman and the ball popped out... it happens. Could he have had both arms on the ball? Sure. Does he bear some responsibility for it? Sure.

Start Anderson because of that? Are you insane?

#13 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

We would be firing up trade Clausen threads right now if he had any trade value. As it is we'd have to give up our own picks to get another team to take hem.

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Is this a joke? It isn't funny. I think maybe you should drop football and take up knitting or something.

#15 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Are you being intentionally dense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com