Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

h0llywood

Best Neighborhoods in/around Charlotte

83 posts in this topic

Oh yeah, how are the property taxes, state taxes, gas prices there?

CMS (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools) is combined city and county schools. Elementary schools are filled with kids from pretty close to the location of the school, so they aren't too bad. The problems develop when kids hit middle school and kids are coming in from all over.

Property taxes should be much less than CA. Gas in NC is going for around 3.75 regular now, in SC around 3.55 or so. NC has pretty high gas taxes.

Edit: Four seasons. Winters are mild, last year was stupid warm. Spring and fall are my favorites.

Tega Cay, SC

Great schools, 15 minutes from uptown, lake life, decent golf course, safe, lots of kids, adult kickball leagues, SC taxes.....etc.

All pros...

Cons...

You

Just remember, the cost of living is less here...which also usually means your income does as well.

Tega Cay, SC

15 minutes from uptown,

Can I borrow your flying car?

I've lived in Matthews, dilworth and southpark. Liked them all.

South End (proximity to Light Rail and Downtown) / Plaza Midwood, North Davidson (Lots of culture) / Sedgfield, Dilworth, Eastover (Have a lot of great bungalows) are all nice and around your price range. Rent to owns in the Myers Park area are actually pretty reasonable at the moment.

AFAIK, they have zoning for CMS.

And yeah, you will get a ton of southern hospitality in Charlotte.

The Matthews-Weddington area you referred to is where I live. We are in Union County. The taxes are much less that Meck county and the schools are excellent.

My neighborhood is 300k-800k and feature 4,000 sf+ homes. It is an outstanding neighborhood for kids. We have a huge clubhouse with poker toon, piano bar, theatre, and fitness center. The pool is huge and includes a 30 foot tall (over 100ft long) waterside for the kids... Basketball courts...three tennis courts...swim team in the summer for the kids that have about 130 kids participating. Builder is John Weiland (excellent builder).

PM me if you want more info on this area.

All pros...

Cons...

You

Yes, my welcome wagon is missing a wheel and smells of B.O. and potted meat. But the area is great.

Can I borrow your flying car?

On Sundays I'm to BofA stadium in about 20 minutes from Lakeshore. I don't stop to pee every 5 minutes like you apparently do.