#31 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I never thought I'd see the day where we would even entertain the idea of Martin starting over....well....anyone.

The problem is we showed on Sunday that no matter how smart you are you can't cover an NFL receiver if you're slow and short.

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I hope so, lesser of two evils... Nakamura is a total liability in coverage.

#33 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

all I know is, Sherrod Martin would not have been beat that bad by Roddy White on that 65 yard pass. And if he did, then at least he has the hops to get off the ground more than 5 inches like Nakamura.

Same goes for the play when Nakamura gets turned around and Roddy scores a td... Sherrod in all fairness would get turned around too, but again- at least he has the athletic ability to get his ass back into position to make a play on the ball.

they both suck, but Sherrod sucks less.

#34 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Put Keek in the middle and I'll feel much better about the safety postion with Martin in. Beason needs to be the one playing sparingly til he's back to form. He's been missing lanes and tackles quite a bit this season and we are having to rely on our safties as a last resort for most of the game is always going to get us burned. Martin can also track the ball in the air..

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Martin is talented, but a bonehead. Let's hope this benching has really forced him to work hard. At the minimum though, Sherrod knocks that ball down to Rodney White, if not picks it off

#36 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,859 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

You know the safety position is sad when you're glad Sherrod Martin is starting. Thanks Hurney!

#37 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

After seeing both of them play, Martin is a better FS. Unfortunatly, that is not saying much.

Exactly, I personally have never mistaken Martin for Ed reed

#38 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Nakamura you suck, Martin you suck...less :unsure:

#39 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,835 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Martin showed a lot of potential filling in for Godfrey his rookie year, then when he was given the keys to the car, I think, or at least hope, he just took it for granted and wrecked it.

Maybe losing the job humbled him a bit and he's stayed engaged in practice and meetings and is now ready to take over.

Regardless, at least in terms of coverage, we need to make the move.

#40 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I have been one of the more outspoken detractors of Sherrod Martin. Before Sunday I was firm in my belief that whatever he brought athletically did not trump his mental lapses on the field. That being said, I hope Sherrod Martin comes in plays well and we never see Nakamura on anything but special teams again.

#41 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

OJ Atogwe is available. He'd probably be an upgrade considering what we have

This, he use to be one of the best too before the Rams let him go. Atogwe on the downside of his career is still better than Martin and Naka. But of course Hurney wont make that move. smh

#42 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Martin is.. Not good, but better than Nakamura. problem is, he's been in Jerry's doghouse for a few years now. thats the reason he lost the starting gig in the first place

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is this the same Martin that even the big cat ripped on last year?

#44 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,018 posts
  • Location910

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Lesser of two evils indeed. Nakumara just doesn't have the athleticism to play the position. He's to small and can't tackle. I'll go with the player with the higher ceiling, instead of the one with serious limitations.

#45 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Watching Naka try to go after that jump ball on White's 60 yard reception is just embarrassing. He looks like he could biff it trying to jump over a curb. I actually swear he got negative height while attempting that "jump".

Put Martin in. At least he has some physical ability. Maybe the benching he received lit a fire under his ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.