• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 coxc63

coxc63

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Obvious answer here, our dline pressured ryan all game, we ran cover 2 to cover the flats so ryan couldn't dump it off giving him more space to operate for a deep play. Yea it would've been smart to run man coveragein that situation, but giving the position thefalcons were in, we played it safe and was expecting our line to pressure him again. It was a good read by ryan noticing what coverage we were running and he took a shot downfield, which worked. Ultimately it was a good playcall by al OC, and ryan chose the right guy to throw at in the situation.

#17 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

lets move on

...from Sean McDermott.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,556 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

There's no excuse at all not to have your best CB on White's and Julio's side

#19 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

We had two defenders facing one receiver, Nakamura was in a perfect position to make a play had he only aimed to knock it away instead of going for the int. (same thing in the TD...).

If I remember correctly it even look that we adjusted on the deep resposibility to Norman on the play. I think the correct play was called, it was just not executed.

#20 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

McDermott is still learning like Rivera!

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

i said this in another thread that we where playing cover 2 because Norman passed the deep route on to the safety but stayed underneath because nothing else threatened him in his zone. he got depth to help out the FS which still got burnt. but why play cover 2 with 59 seconds left, knowing they would probably attack the deep zone were your safetys have been getting beat all game?

that makes no sense.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,723 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Falcons fans love that we are still talking about last week's game instead of the one coming up.

Its Wednesday people.

#23 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,218 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Lots of things I dont get about this defense. Common sense things.

#24 Quintorris Lopez

Quintorris Lopez

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Falcons fans love that we are still talking about last week's game instead of the one coming up.

Its Wednesday people.

I am getting plenty of laughs out of this. They just need to give it up. Falcons and Panther play again in a few weeks

#25 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

2 man under should have been the play call

#26 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

It's been so much more than 24 hours. Holy hell.

We lost a close game. It's gonna happen again. We don't have a bye this week. Obsess over Seattle or something.

#27 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

We're not obessing... we're just saying a 12 year old playing Madden would call a prevent defense covering the sidelines in that situation... that's all.

#28 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Its Wednesday people.

I could care less about what falcon fans think.

#29 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

I dont get it, last year i could have sworn we had Gamble shadow the other teams best receiver the entire game last year and had success. Now we dont do that. I mean WTH? I really would like to know what the coaching staff is thinking when they are game planning for teams.

#30 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Obvious answer here, our dline pressured ryan all game, we ran cover 2 to cover the flats so ryan couldn't dump it off giving him more space to operate for a deep play. Yea it would've been smart to run man coveragein that situation, but giving the position thefalcons were in, we played it safe and was expecting our line to pressure him again. It was a good read by ryan noticing what coverage we were running and he took a shot downfield, which worked. Ultimately it was a good playcall by al OC, and ryan chose the right guy to throw at in the situation.

We let the Falcons dictate what defense we played on this play, and that's a major problem. The Falcons came out in their base defense, which posed a threat of the run in the minds of our coaches, so we came out in our nickel defense.

Ron has got to know the situation here, and come out in some type of prevent defense. There's no way we should have had 4 down linemen on the field, and not only that, but they bit on the play action fake (Hardy). I mean, how in the hell does that happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.