Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaFell says, "Panthers should have gone for it"

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

“It’s fourth and inches, we’ve got Mike Tolbert, we’ve got Jonathan Stewart, some of the best power backs in the league,” LaFell told WFNZ, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I felt like we could have got that yard. And I didn’t want to put our defense in that situation, because we should have won the game right there with that possession.”

“I felt like it came down to the offense to win that game, and we should have won that game,” LaFell said. “And we just gave it away like that — it just hurts. You just put a lot of work into something, and you just give it away. Like, why? So everybody was down in the locker room, but I feel like we come in tomorrow, we’re going to get back right. But this is much harder to get over than the Giants loss.”

“I’d rather get blown out than lose a game like that,” LaFell said. “We just gave the game away.”

Discuss...?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/lafell-says-panthers-should-have-gone-for-it

Posted · Report post

He dat deal.

...and he's right.

Posted · Report post

probably has too big of a mouth, but he's right.

that said...it's seattle week.

Posted · Report post

Says the guy who had no catches.

patsnooooo.gif

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I agree. Picking up that yard and sealing that win would have been a huge confidence boost for Cam and this offense. Rivera should of called a time out right before the play clock expired and Atlanta didn't jump. He should of told Cam and the offense to finish this drive. Instead he punted it away putting faith in the defense to do the unthinkable. Hold on to a lead with less then 2 minutes left in the game.

Posted · Report post

Much better annunciation in his quotes than oh wee mayne. That said, I agree this may not have been the best thing to say to the media. I get the feeling from this that the players are seriously dejected.

Posted · Report post

Nice! Now we have starters second guessing the coach to the media?

He dosent have control of the team.

Chalk this up as another negative on Rivera's HC resume.

Posted · Report post

I'm not getting into this again. I've stated my opinion on this so many times already. Either decision was fine, but I would infinitely preferred to have gone for it.

Posted · Report post

How about stop obsessing over the past and start preparing for a home game Sunday that may be a must win?

I hope not everyone on this team is distracted.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Rivera won't be here nexts year if we miss the playoffs willing to bet..

Posted · Report post

Yeah I got a feeling the team hasn't moved on from Sunday.

Seattle 17

panthers 13

Posted · Report post

Rivera won't be here nexts year if we miss the playoffs willing to bet..

you must be new here